- Rafael Benitez named Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Month
- We must change this shit Lionel Messi's words to the AFA. They have to sort out the head before they can attend to the feet. Do you hear that, England FA?
- Neymar Playing with Coutinho is always a joy. We’ve been mates for years, and each day I think we’re made to play with each other more." D'awwww and eff off, Neymar
- Manchester United star urged to quit Old Trafford for Germany move . Basically Schweinsteiger was seen having lunch with the head of Chicago Fire. Man United might buy him out of his contract in January. Sorry it's an automated playback
- Jim White says one England player did not want to be at #Euro2016 The lad supposedly called his agent and said, "Can you get me out of this?" Now, couldn't the lad just recuse himself/plead injury and just refuse the call up in the first place? Players have done that before, so no sympathy, tbh. The analysis in this video is dire, because they overlook the key point; the FA is badly run, there's no accountability, so players feel pretty discouraged. When English born and educated players start looking to be cap tied to other home countries, and supporters finally getting a hint and not showing up, something will have to be done, I guess. But you'd have to do the equivalent of breaking a strike for the various factions of the FA to get along so ehhh
France 2- 0 Sweden
Yesterday was a year since the terrorist attacks in France. How quickly time has flown, and how depressing have World Events been since then
Pogba back to his tricks again
Greizmann supposedly had to make comments re: Benzema's absence I hear. Supposedly that as long as he's fit, Benzema can't fit into the team? Surely that's not his fault? Not to mention the small matter of Benzema's alleged involvements in bribing a teammate
Evra is evergreen, NGL
Payet playing out here for a January move
San Marino 0- 8 Germany
FFS, Serge Gnarby. Serving up the first hattrick for a German debutant for a while
Germany's new kit looks almost as same as the old kit so... why the change?
No, make it stop. We are seeing the pictures of a murder. That scoreline!
USA 1- 2 Mexico
Is it too early to start talking about this fabled wall Trump is going to build along the US-Mexico border?
Looking at the highlights the match atmosphere seemed pretty charged, and in light of Trump's win, I could understand
Mexico played inspiring football at turns, according to my twitter feed. Mexico grabbed the last goal and all three points in the dying seconds of the match
England 3- 0 Scotland
Yesterday was Armistice day. Colloquially called 'Poppy Day', it's observed by Britain and the Commonwealth. In schools and workplaces across the country, around 11:00 there's a minute's observance for the men that died in the Great War
Both the Scottish and English FA pretty much defied FIFA's orders to wear the poppy, with the match falling around Remembrance and all. The reason why football teams across the country honour the poppy is that a LOT of soldiers who went off to fight those wars were keen footballers from their local clubs. A lot of them died, or returned suffering from shell shock, or dreadfully maimed. Everton FC lost some talented players during those wars, iirc
The match itself wasn't great. The scoreline flatters to deceive, England played sloppily, and they would have been punished by a better side, but there were good individual performances. SMH at our back four.
Joe Hart and Jordan Henderson for two
However he left Man City, the loan to Torino has really been good for Joe Hart. He's more authoritative, and is doing the simple things well
Lallana earned himself an MOTM award. No shade from me
Scotland couldn't wear their navy and had to wear their jinxed pink shirt. Why? FiFA? Why?
Walker's assist to Sturridge was all sorts of nice, NGL
Two LFC players had a direct hand in two goals. I will credit Southgate for this one thing- he didn't play Harry Kane to 'test his resolve'. Anyway, moving on!
Northern Ireland 4-0 Azerbaijan
The design of this kit is the definition of 'this is tew much'. The stripes, the colours, the lines. Busy as a beehive, I think
Reading the match report, NI made light work of Azerbaijan
Brunt (right) came back to the side after a year due to injury, only to get his head busted open
Romania 0- 3 Poland
Lewandowsky got hit in the head with a firework. I... just... wow
The firecracker exploded close to his feet
At least he had a sense of humour about it? Don't let me like you, Lewandkowsky! Or at least, I might try and spell your name right
Argh, just arghhh. Good scoreline though
OP: done! Cheers, jeers and the rest of it you know the drill. As for me, my mascara and cleanser aren't getting along, so my eyelashes are glued together. T_T. Off to get some almond oil. More time