- #EURO2016 paid around 66% of gross revenues back to teams, #CopaAmerica paid only 7.5% of gross revenues back to teams, #dondeestacopa$ tl;dr Copa America made a LOT of money but the teams in question haven't gotten much
- Manchester City defender to snub Serie A interest to stay in Premier League Guardiola wants Zabaleta to stay on - are there any Man Citeh fans here?
- Watzke (BVB CEO): "I think it's obvious that Dortmund's appeal is higher than City's. But then money comes into it and it looks different." so much shade, I feel as if I'm in a cool forest
- The integration of women's football and the purchase of 34.6% of Lens RC have been approved. Atletico Madrid will now have women's football, and they've purchased 1/3 of Lens to get access to their academy
- Gonzalo Higuain has turned down £800,000 per week to play for Hebei China Fortune in the Chinese Super League. *jaw drop*
- Morata is staying put at Real Madrid Will he be playing?
- Real Madrid's ads for their new kits are you going to get any of them?
- Manchester City will not pursue a deal for Barcelona goalkeeper Claudio Bravo
Man City wanted Teg Stegen (?), and he was keen because he wanted first team action. Barça offered Bravo, saying that Stegen would be their first team goalie. Man City are moving on
Guess Who (no google search!)
Friendlies/ Preseason training
Fleetwood 0 - 5 Liverpool
Karius LFC's new goalie. He's given up a place in the Olympics in order to challenge Mignolet for no 1 (that won't be hard). If I ruled the world (or the IOC) I'd ban tennis, golf and football from the Olympics, tbh
Fleetwood is a League 1 team so I'm calming my t*ts you know. Perspective in all things
The Juventus yellow training kit is growing on me. Must. Resist. But it's yellow!!!
Gossip about Manchester United- Mourinho will be cutting down player numbers from 33 under val Gaal to 24. Players have been told where they stand, and Sir Alex is impressing on Mourinho the need to bring academy talent through. We will see
Jesse Lingard's future at Man United might be in doubt.
Januzaj and Henrik Mkhitaryan (did I spell it right? Because...) at training
Conte is at Chelsea training. I think he's supposed to be presented to the press today? Don't quote me
I like the Valencia training shirt. Must resist
Everton is working in Spain
Players on the move
Messi on holiday in Ibiza
Morata with his SO. Love her coverup
Skertel made his switch
Bellerin and his bae at the beach. It would be nice to go to a beach without having to wear a wet suit
I know someone in this comm thirsts for Harry Kane
Schweinsteiger got married again? So I'm assuming they had a civil service and then marriage? Civilised!
LFC will be touring that side of the world
I hear you.
Yeah, Joe Allen does have the simple, sharp features befitting what you'd find in a tapestry
Not the first person I've heard say this. Clattenburg is someone who UEFA likes but the FA aren't so keen on(Atkinson is their choice, supposedly). But referees retire at 45, so he'll be gone soon
Okay, these football confessions have caused a bit of kerfuffle around these parts. Going forward, shall I drop 'em from the roundups, or just stick to the inoffensive/non sh*t stirring/football crushes ones?
OP: done! Cheers, jeers, corrections and commentary pushback, you know the drill!