- Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge asked to do extra England training I am unable. Sturridge has a calf injury, why would you force him to do extra training with this? Sturridge needs to heal, and England NEED to stop taking injured players on international duty! Haven't we learnt anything?! Whatever happens in these Euros, Hodgson needs to move on come what may.
- Mamadou Sakho - UEFA decision raises key questions Have you been following this? After the 30 day suspension, it seems that Sakho's fat blocker wasn't on the list of things to be banned. So he's been dropped by sponsors, has his Euro 2016 place in danger and missed a Europa final for nothing
- Florentino Perez dedicates Champions League triumph to Iraqi Real Madrid fans killed in ISIS massacre Wow. That's... class.
- Simeone: “Nobody remembers the ones who finish second. To lose two finals is a failure. We must now go home and tend to our wounds.” I'm so sorry
- Diego Simeone to consider his position at Atletico Madrid after downbeat boss admits: 'It's a moment for me to think about things' Wow. Would the board fire him for losing the CL?
Switzerland 1- 2 Belgium
Belgium was down, came back to win this game
Soon, they'll be playing in the PL
Lu-lu-lu-ka-ku! He's been doing the long goodbye to Everton. Idek what's with the Belgians who play in England, tbh. Apart from Origi, KdB and the Spurs quartet (I can't spell their names) the rest of them come across as really classless in interviews when talking about their English clubs. Looking at you, Lukakku, Courtois and Hazard (Fellani, too, to a lesser extent)
Oh look, a card to match your kit. Isn't it luverly?
Eden Hazard is Belgium's NT captain? I... guess
So, what's the deal with Axel Wittsel? I hear he wants to leave Zenit, but the price tag is a lot.
The guy in the back - Thomas Vermawhatever- he's uninjured?! Praise. As an English woman, I can't really shade anyone's national kit but... uhh...
Hull 1- 0 Sheffield Wednesday
The game had a lot of passion around it, but the match itself was a bit meh
This game was worth £165 million to the winner. This includes the TV money for the year, and a parachute payment if and when you go down. For those who are following at home: the new teams in the PL are: Hull, Middlesbrough and Burnley. All Northern teams! *beams*
Diame scored the only goal and it was a beauty
Steve Bruce (and his son, Alex Bruce) stand and pose with the play off trophy.
Champions League Final
Real Madrid 5- 3 Atletico Madrid
I felt for Juan Fran.
Oh, so she was his girlfriend? I thought Carrasso (sp?) was just macking on a random. Because I was like, "Really? Now? When nothing has been won? Chile..."
Navas and Olbak were in god mode during the game. In the shootout, Navas just had that little more. When they said that this was a game of margins, no kidding!
Shout out to Carrasco. He did what one hopes a sub can do. He had industry, helped to swing the game in Atletico's favour for a short time
Torres consoles his teammates. He was crying at the end
Poor Torres, it wasn't to be. But you've achieved much with this team a second time around. Simeone gave him a gift
Great picture. Gutted for him.
Favour isn't fair. When the football gods and destiny favour you- I mean, come on. Zizou gets tapped for the Real Madrid job and it's more due to good will than competence. They lose the title to Barcelona, almost go out to Wolfsburg, and now Zizou WINS the Champions League! Over Atletico Madrid who had to vanquish Barça and Bayern Münich? Only to lose out on the lottery of PENALTY KICKS?! Simeone must be gutted
Hands up in the air!
Sergio Ramos wins his first CL as RM captain
Huh. Ronaldo bites his nails? Huh
How is Ronaldo's tan so even? How is he darker than me?!
Ramos got MOTM. Wouldn't have been my choice, but eh. It always goes to the person on the winning team, no?
As the Captain, Ramos honours the tradition of wreathing the Cibeles with flag and showing the cup to the faithful in the city square
OP: With this post, I can FINALLY SAY, thank you! Thank you for dropping in to reading the posts for the 2015/2016 football season. Cheers for the corrections, reactions and commentary push back for when I've gone too far and spoken in error. Thanks for those who've done the tags (you're awesome), and made me icons (more awesome!). Commiserations for finals lost, and defeats. Congratulations to those whose teams won various honours and the rest of it. Roll on Euro 2016 and Copa America!