- European Super League being used as a THREAT by England's 'big five' to grab bigger TV share Ha if true, because teams like Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool don't have a leg to stand on, because the other PL sides wouldn't stand for it. I can't see that happening at all
- Man United to axe Memphis Depay in summer clear-out? Transfer news and gossip from Sunday's papers I can understand Depay, even though they should give him one more season but Schneiderlin? Why him to go? If so, Pochettino has long lusted after his services, so he'd probably in for Schneiderlin.
- Hummels: "Move to Chelsea? BVB play Champions League next season, Chelsea not, that's an argument to stay" This. Dortmund is in a good moment right now. Why leave? But don't take Goetze back though
- Romelu Lukaku to @HLN_BE: "Leaving Everton in the summer? Maybe, yes. You never know. I become 23 & would like to play in the CL." #EFC Man, I gotta ask, are all Belgian football players this awkward? The Belgian players in the PL have been showing out and slagging their respective teams off on International Duty. If it's not Courtois slagging off Chelsea, or Benteke being Benteke... in Lukkaku's defence, he's been talking about CL and european games since 2014/15 season
- Romelu Lukaku should join Manchester United or Bayern Munich, says Everton striker's father as player admits desire to play in Champions League next season
- Exclusive: Ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers to return to Swansea for 2016/17 season water sinks at its level, tbh
Germany 2- 3 England
England's new kit. I still loathe it, tbh
Is that *hisses* purple on blue socks?!
Germany's kit doesn't look bad in pictures. So this match was pretty interesting. Much was made of the combined caps of German players (about 400) vs the English player (about 100), and the fact that England's high performers were either loan players, or players who played in lower leagues.
England's defence was sleeping in the first half. Good experience for Dier (defensive midfielder). He's been playing against a lot of German teams lately! Kroos was on!
LOL, Toni Kross on Adam Lallana. I have views on Lallana, but it's been nice to see the him getting a bit of spirit under Klopp
Hendo got better in the game as the game went on, but still --- not a CL quality player at all. If Klopp moved him on, I wouldn't be mad. Good corner kicks, and the lot
Dele Alli - what a player! He really doesn't shy away from anything. Tackles, attempts at goal- unlucky to have missed a sitter
LOL, sorry Alli. Credit to him, he got up and got stuck in
Mario Gomez- Cahill should self flagellate for the Gomez goal. He really faded in this game
Rose's hustle was appreciated. Really blocked some dangerous play.
I'd take Welbeck over Walcott to Euro 2016 anyway
Credit to Pochettino- out of the nineteen English players that have had their debuts for the English NT, Pochettino has coached eleven of them. Spurs had four players on the pitch last night
Vardy did an outrageous flick, just... eff me
I honestly don't mind the German kit. Yeah, the shorts look dingy, as if the colour ran from the green tops in the wash, and the green screams 'army', but the design elements are harmonious.
Dier got a goal in stoppage time. Well done!
Eric Dier scored the goal that Dele Alli missed. LOL
The Spurs and Leicester players (okay, one Leicester player, Drinkwater plays on Tuesday) really showed up. So tell me why after Dier's good performance last night (we've yet to see Drinkwater play in the NT, but again, that's Tuesday) Roy Hodgson is still, "They are in the shadows of Jack Wilshire." Bish, WHERE?! And, "Wayne Rooney will go to Euro 2016." How can you troll your own country?
Butland was injured, poor lad. He wasn't at fault for that goal, but he should have put the ball out of play though.
OP: Done! Cheers, jeers, correction and commentary pushback- you know the drill! I have Easter lunch to prepare, so I won't be near this PC for the rest of the day. Wish me luck on this apple cake I'm squaring to bake!