- Jose Mourinho sacked: Players not to blame - Chelsea director A round up of the reactions to Mourinho's sacking. Thierry Henry said that it wasn't the manager's fault, but the player and is now thinking about his choice of career
- Mourinho Sacked Over 'Discord' With Players Seriously, this made the news over here last night. Cameron and Europe who? Muslim Brotherhood what?
- All the best internet memes and reactions as Jose Mourinho leaves Chelsea
I'm going to try and put as much as I can in the post, but for real, this works
- José Mourinho sacked by Chelsea – as it happened The Guardian and The Telegraph both had live updates, but The Guardian is less odious, tbh
- Revealed: The inside story of how the axe fell on Jose Mourinho at Chelsea But the Telegraph does gossip well
- JUST IN | Jose Mourinho refused to take the €50 million offered to him by Roman Abramovich for the contract termination. Word has it that he refused the full amount, and took a fraction of it.
- Arsene Wenger fan Pep Guardiola emerges as shock candidate for Arsenal with Bayern Munich boss admirer of club's philosophy With Pep Guardiola announcing his imminent departure, a lot of tumblr fans have shocked me, ngl. Now it's all, "Good, they need to find a coach who understands the club." Guardiola hasn't failed, surely?
- Guillem Balague: Pep Guardiola's future still shrouded in mystery Guardiola does as he does. I don't think he'd come to the PL, tbh.
- Pep Guardiola to Manchester City? Man United fans not happy about potential move Manchester United do need to do something. Stat. But Guardiola loves his petroleum dollars, no? If nothing else, he'd be open to using Man City's academy talents.
- German Article- Guardiola and his dissatisfaction with Bayern's medical staff rumbles onI'm thinking of learning German, just for the footie gossip. Hmmm
- "Wayne Rooney will not play vs Norwich. Undisclosed due to legal reasons [andy mitten] I'm keeping schtum myself, but let's just say... we need another NT captain for the Euros. It will be a mistake if we take this one
People were waiting on the shoe to drop, but still... shock
Some Arsenal fans were gloating, and some Chelsea fans hit 'em with this
Huh. Two things. One. I forget how many managers Chelsea have cycled through since 2004 when their new owner took over. Two. AVB is a really handsome guy.
Apart from the snark, a lot of supporters will have fond memories of Mourinho. In the world's eyes, he give the club stardust, heft and the gloss of silverware
It's strange how the reactions have been. When Mourinho left Madrid, the fans were split (some gleeful, some not). He's left Chelsea and it's been anger at the board of the club and sadness, mostly
Then you have this guy
Bayern hosted some kids of - refugees? Economic migrants? The terminology keeps changing over here, I can't keep up. It doesn't help that when you get the term wrong, you get put on blast. Anyway! Here's Xabi Alonso doing a riff of Cat Scratch fever with a broom
Guardiola appeared, only to announce that he'd be disappearing after the season. Again, I. Can't. Keep. Up.
For all of the changing fortunes of LFC, they still have social ties to their community (although it's argued that Everton's social issues are a bit more meaningful and beneficial). Showing their face at the children's hospital
QUESTION: I'm thinking about going to the Euros whether I get a ticket to a match or not (the FA is killing me - why so obtrusive?). Of all the cities that the matches are being held in, which city would be the best to get the experience. In terms of say, having big screens (for those who can't get to the matches), or just events relating to the match, or hell, if that fails, just an interesting place to knock around? Answers in the comments would be appreciated. I'm now eyeing French podcasts and comms.
OP: done! Cheers, jeers, corrections and commentary pushback, you know the drill!