- FA Cup: Arsenal host Sunderland & Exeter play Liverpool LOL at the FA cup draw
- Karim Benzema should not be suspended by France over Mathieu Valbuena sex-tape scandal, says Zinedine Zidane But his presence on the team can't help team unity, surely
- Carlo Ancelotti keen on return to English football - with Manchester United a possible destination Ancelotti would do well there. The team has good players, a lot of stars, and he'd be a calming influence. In addition, his football is attractive, and apart from oh, leveraging the club's fortunes to the hilt, the Glazers seem to leave coaches alone. I thought that he was linked with Bayern Munich though.
- Karim Benzema happy to play with Mathieu Valbuena again: 'I hold no grudge' No, it's not a mistranslation, according to readers of the original article (in French). He really said that. This isn't how it works, tbh
- Swansea City live breaking news as Garry Monk departure expected soon Well. There's a bit of story behind this. At the start of the pre season with the club busying preparations, the chairman (Hew Jenkins) offered Gary Monk the chance of working with a DoF, due to the fact that the sophomore season for a young manager is rough. Monk did a Brendan and rejected the offer of help because there must be something in the Swansea air, tbh. Swansea don't really want to go back into the Championship because of the big money coming into the PL next season, and there's the feeling by the club's supporters that the English PL doesn't want Swansea (a Welsh team) in their top flight, even though themselves and Cardiff have plied their trade in the English game for some time. But the fear is, if Swansea falls out of the top flight, they might never get back in be it by result or new law. So they can't really wait on Monk to turn things around before it's too late.
- Ryan Shawcross should forget England... but he deserves a chance with Wales and it's time for Aaron Ramsey to forgive him I've been following some English players outside of the big six when it comes to matters of the English NT. Stoke players have a reputation for being ogres, and because of that, get overlooked for the English NT. Or they get called up once, they never get called up again. Shawcross has been advised (not only by this column in question) to claim for Wales, but Aaron Ramsey (in the Welsh team) was on the end of a horror tackle from Shawcross and supposedly livid. So Coleman (the Welsh coach) would have to smooth that bit out first.
- Partick Thistle chairman David Beattie pays tribute to £161million lottery winners for allowing club to secure its financial stability tl:dr; lottery winners bought a share in the club, taking it out of the red, and summarily handed their shares to a supporters trust, so the supporters can have their say
Gary Neville had his first training session at Valencia yesterday. He takes helm at Valencia- his first match being a Champions League qualification match. Neville went big
The Valencian supporters came out to watch the team and Neville's appointment has attracted some delicious shade from the Spanish side, and some huffing and eye rolling from the English side.
The Spanish (understandably) are pointing at the fact that his punditry came as a revelation because before him, pundits didn't even bother getting the names of the players on the teams right (the nadir was the 2010 World Cup, *sigh*) and tactical discussions were nil and Neville doesn't speak the language and his brother uses - Google translate! From the English side, a lot of coaches are eye rolling at the supposed importance of Gary Neville making a success of the Spanish venture. Oh well, we will see the type of coach Neville will be tomorrow. What's his philosophy? We only know that he is meh on Guardiola's play style (he admires it, but doesn't like it) The only good thing is that now younger English coaches are looking abroad to work. Well, it can only help the local game eventually
Everton 1- 1 Crystal Palace
Lukkaku is on fire. Scored his 50th goal in the PL
After Crystal Palace drew first blood
OP: done! Internet is bugging. Must be the time of year. Anyway, cheers, jeers, corrections and commentary pushback, you know the drill!