Chatter from the sidelines
- Anfield evacuated as man goes missing on stadium tour... with sniffer dogs used after Liverpool call emergency services
- FA chairman Greg Dyke called before MPs to explain backing for disgraced FIFA presidential candidate Michel Platini
- Mascherano insult sparks controversy Told the linesmen something about their mothers, but Enrique said no, it was about their sisters. But does that make it any less insulting? Or less slut shamey?
- Real Madrid set to offer Keylor Navas a new deal He's been doing well, but word has it that Flo Perez isn't 'convinced' by him. WTF? What more do you want?
- Dynamo Kiev Considering Segregating Black Fans To “Avoid Racism” :/
Frank Lampard got an OBE for something to do with sport, I guess. The daughters are from his (now defunct) marriage to a Spaniard, iirc. The woman in the picture is some former local TV personality
Capital One Cup
Stoke 5 - Chelsea 4 (penalties)
Mourinho seems to have lost the dressing room. Both Chelsea and Stoke haven't been great shakes so far this season
Sheffield Wednesday 3 - 0 Arsenal
Wenger used the match as a trial for the academy lads (as well as a mix of senior players)
Sheffield Wednesday is a club in the championship whom, by all accounts are doing things the right way. They were pretty strong against Tottenham last year (I think Eriksen's free kick saved Spurs blushes), and they have a coach who's highly regarded, and Pochettino is supposedly eyeing a couple of their players (a midfielder and a forward). All this to say that, I wasn't surprised when they won
Everton 1- 1 Norwich (4- 3 on pens)
Was every match decided on pens last night? Bloody hell!
Hull City - Leiecester City (5-4 )
The tinker man tinkered again. Changed 10 players out of the starting XI on Saturday and went out. The good news is, Leicester can focus on their form going into Christmas, since they'll have less competitions to focus on (they're not in any European competitions for example)
Bologna 0- 1 Inter
Inter's captain did the business. The kit is from Nike's night fall line or summat
German Cup - Porkal, is it?</i>
Wolfsburg 1- 3 Bayern Munich
Mueller scored one goal, assisted the other
Lahm got a shoutout for a record number of appearances
Inverness 1- 2 Ross County
Inverness left ruing their luck
OP: Cheers, jeers, corrections, commentary pushback and overlooked news, you know the drill! Bye!