Chatter from the sidelines
- Paul Pogba hits out at Juventus team-mate Alvaro Morata for not passing him the ball
This should stay in the bootroom
- German Manchester United star Bastian Schweinsteiger takes legal action after toymaker releases Nazi soldiers resembling him... named Bastian Just...why? Who thought this would be a good idea? That being said, I've seen some Chinese wedding photos with the men wearing the Nazi regalia.
- Carlos Vela has asked to leave Real Sociedad Wants to go to the MLS. Linked to San Jose Earthquakes and Chicago Fire. He wants to play professional football closer to home (he's from Mexico)
- BREAKING: UEFA open disciplinary proceedings against @MCFC after fans booed @ChampionsLeague anthem at game against @SevillaFC. #SSNHQ If Man City fans didn't hate UEFA before with all their shenanigans, this will do it
- Keylor Navas no 1 keeper in La Liga Has stopped two penalties and only let in two goals. That says a lot that's good about the defence and midfield to me, tbh.
- Armenian Player Misses Borussia Dortmund’s Game in Azerbaijan Henrikh Mkhitaryan, is a member of the national team of Armenia, which technically remains at war with Azerbaijan over the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh. Because of those political tensions, Mkhitaryan feared visa problems or — at worst — being arrested as soon as he set foot in Azerbaijan.
Qäbälä 1 - 3 Borussia Dortmund
Auba has been on fire this year. Hattrick, y'all!
Tearing up the field. Seriously, have you seen that field?
Reus tangles with at Qäbälä player
A question re: the kits for Europa league, what's the deal with the block of solid colour. For instance, Dortmund wears all yellow, Spurs all white- is it just a thing?
Anderlecht 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham started really well, 4 mins in and Eriksen got them 1 up. Then Anderlecht levelled, and got in the lead, because Townsend and Trippier are worthless.
Pochettino tried resting some members of his first team, but this happened. *sad trombone*
Townsend and Trippier underwhelmed. Normally, Pochettino has a mild demeanour, but post interview he was raging. Good. They're under pressure now to try and make it out of the group because certain people couldn't be arsed to work hard. Good, don't shield them, Poch! Let the blighters feel it.
Liverpool 1 - 1 Rubin Kazan
Fans with banners setting up before the match. When it comes to deifying managers well...Liverpool will do their part
Why was Klopp in a suit? Because his first match was at Anfield? I do know that certain clubs have certain links with clothing brands to supply their manager with suits (for instance, Spurs are linked to Aquascutum, the contract only got signed this year, hence you see their manager rocking a suit) but no, go back to trackie bottoms
Kloppmania is still a thing amongst the press, but there have been some good pictures. They'll get over him soon enough. Wait until Christmas fixtures
Liverpool got a draw. I don't want to say 'even though the other side was down to 10 men' because sometimes, when you are one man down, the team's defence is tighter. Considering that under Rodgers in the last season, when Liverpool was one goal, the team would look disheartened and not fight. But this time, they showed fight and uh... character. It's been interesting the work that Klopp has been saddled with though. He's supposedly aghast at his team's decision making and fear of the ball.
OP: done! Cheers, jeers, corrections, and commentary pushback, you know the drill! ETA: can I have a tag: uefa, please?