Chatter from the sidelines
- Juventus can't afford to lose to Inter, Barzagli warns
- Calling True or False on 3 Recent Juventus Transfer Rumours love these articles. 500 words of speculation
- Juventus defender Andrea Barzagli to retire from Italian national team after Euro 2016 the longish goodbye
- Fiorentina are Serie A’s Barcelona In terms of style of play
- Inter Milan, Napoli ready to pounce for Real Madrid striker Jese - Remind me, wasn't Jese the bees knees, then he got injured and Jamez rocked up and took over?
- Jürgen Klopp tells Liverpool players: ‘I want more bravery, more fun in your eyes’ Me too, Klopp, me too. Oh, and Emre Can back in midfield, that would be nice
- Arsenal chairman Sir Chips Keswick interrogated at meeting as parallels made to Blatter Tis the season of supporter's trust meetings in the capital, trah la la la la la la
- The big Gareth Bale Euro 2016 interview: What playing for Wales REALLY means to me for the Bale supporters here
- Jose Mourinho: I don't think I will finish my career at Chelsea Three years is the maximum at a club for Mou, tis true. Anyway, if he gets sacked, he'll get a £37 million payout (subject to how soon he'd work again)
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits he wants to leave the club in a position to 'do even better' as he hints at possible exit Word over here is that he'll see out the rest of his contract (19 months) and then call it a day
- I want to play in England! German ace puts Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United on red alert But why? They know the English play Christmas fixtures, right? (May it never change, but a break in January wouldn't go amiss) It's a bit wearing hearing players and managers going, 'OMG, I luv the PL' when they angle for a move here, then when they arrive, they're like 'No Christmas break, Y U SO savage, PL?' and get red cards and ish.
- Breitner: Let Guardiola decide Bayern future Huh? Still
- Rummenigge: Football has enabled me to see the world Fifa has an email newsletter that they send out frequently. The interviews are gold
Manchester City's supporters are going to have a say on the badge/crest of the club. The present crest has been in use since 1997, but people want the original. What say you?
Ozil celebrated his birthday, looking like a model in an editorial out of GQ. I see you
Klopp had his first press conference as an LFC manager in the PL. He has personality, expresses himself in metaphor, and the tan and weight loss looks good on him. I guess he'll have the managerial pallor eventually, but don't regain the weight, Kloppo!
Pochettino's grumpy resting face. I feel you, my face is like this too. But anyway, got named manager of the month over Ranieri (Leicester foxes). His first honour whilst at Spurs; his second time being tapped for the award (his first at Southampton about 18 months ago). The clean sheets, and him being the only manager to present the English NT with three new players this past year might have something to do with it. Or it might have been his shepherding of Dele Alli from League 1 debutante to PL regular (and NT debutante), or converting a left back to DM (hey, Eric Dier). Either way, well deserved. I'm really looking forward to Spurs vs LFC. Seriously, even though both teams will be well short of their best players of the season. Excelsior!
OP: done. Cheers, jeers, corrections and commentary pushback, you know the drill!