Chatter from the sidelines
- Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro considers legal action after leaving post She's left the club (as in, didn't show up for for work) and is now suing the club for dismissal.
- Women in Football critical of Carneiro's departure from Chelsea
But... she didn't turn up for work, what can the club do about that? They can't force her to return to a job she doesn't want to go back to, surely? I'd drop the canard of 'feminism' here, but I'm a womanist
- Eva Carneiro leaves Chelsea with club braced for legal battle after doctor's pitchside row with manager Jose Mourinho Yikes, this battle is going to get nasty. My last post on this one, because once it gets to lawyers, you have to be schtum until the case is dealt with
- Rafinha operated on successfully out for six months
- With just 17.2km from Getafe to the Calderon, bewildering to see 0 Geta fans in the away end tonight! *makes noises of sympathy for the team*
- Arsene Wenger split: Arsenal boss 'has separated from wife Annie after marriage breakdown' Football is a demanding mistress. I do wonder how football managers continue to stay married, especially younger coaches like Martinez and Monk. Having a separate career helps, I'm sure, and children if they chose to go that way but man... I guess I'd soothe my loneliness with credit cards
- Sir Alex Ferguson says Paul Pogba left Manchester United for Juventus because of agent Mino Raiola Pogba wanted to play as well, no?
- Football transfer rumours: Napoli to sign Manchester United’s Marcos Rojo? Can't see that happening, especially since Shaw is on the mend
- Higuain 'the centre of Napoli's world' - Sarri Code speak for: bugger off, PL teams, you can't have him.
Mid week football pictures
Lewandowski (?) scored more goals in one match than Liverpool has done in their entire season so far. Don't talk to me
LOL at the Deadspin headline. I dislike Deadspin's spin on European football, but heh
5 goals in nine minutes! No hate from me! It's just another damning thought in LFC's and Rodgers' direction, 's all.
Capital one Cup
Reading 1 - 2 Everton
Everton took their time in getting the goals, tbh. But then again, it's a fine line between exploding all over a mid week team and keeping your powder dry for the weekend
The kit is still ugly
Sunderland 1 - 4 Man City
Manchester City's twitter account had things to say about their new third kit. Specifically, the colour. It's called 'ghost green'. Have you seen it?
The nike colourway for the various kits with the various teams that they've kitted out. Their design is called 'night rising'. What say you?
Another example of the colourway, Barcelona has a sky blue in this one as well. A shirt is all of £60. Hah, hah, hah, haaahhhhhh.
Poor Sunderland. Their goalkeeper scored an own goal, and their loanee, DeAndre Yedlin made some shocking decisions. One plus is his speed and his ability to go forward and he did a sweet assist, but holy moley, his positioning still needs work.
OP: done! Cheers, jeers, corrections and pushback against commentary you know the drill! I've gotta go