Chatter from the sidelines
- Bayern is offering a million dollar donation, training camp and children's relief Link in German, they'll be offering refugee children German lessons, football camps (they don't say if it's for both boys and girls) and for the next home game, the FC Bayern players will be entering the stadium with refugee children to be the face of integration.
- A flight change and a father’s dream Rafinha's adventures with the Brazil NT. I didn't even know that FIFA had an online magazine
- Arsenal gossip: January move plotted for Serie A striker and Ozil targets Balon d’Or success A couple of gooners are in the comm so here's some gossip for yous
- Manchester United are to blame for David de Gea's failed transfer to Real Madrid, claims La Liga chairman Javier Tebas So we're juuuust going to ignore the fact that Real Madrid had all the time in the transfer window to get DeGea? Then actually told him that if he ran down the contract, they'd give him a signing bonus of €16 m or therabouts? That they deliberately reached out to, and unsettled a player way before the transfer window even opened?
- Vermaelen finally feels like a Barca player Okay
- "Bang average Liverpool have their worst team in YEARS," claims Harry Redknapp For what Redknapp did to QPR and the other clubs he's gotten relegated or close to ruin (and I'm saddened that the British sports press never press him about it, just look at him as some arbiter of the game), he really shouldn't talk. That being said, I'll say the team has decent players, its just that Rodgers is Rodgers (there's a reason why people call him Bodgers, lol)
- Chelsea's Pedro attacks Man United boss for unfair treatment of Victor Valdes How, Sway? Allegedly, Valdes came to Manchester United as a stand in, especially since he was short of cash. He got money, and now can move on. With regards to Pedro, it's alleged that his wife wanted London over Manchester at the end of the day
- Germany boss Joachim Loew has accused the Premier League of ruining English football Ironically, it's strengthening German football, because of the money for German talent as of late, which is being ploughed into the Bundesliga. LOL. But Chelsea, City, and Manchester United are crazy because they try to spend their way out of trouble. Liverpool - ugh. The other lower teams are tapping into their academies
- Xabi Alonso Sparks Rumours over Bayern Munich Future with Contract Comments He only signed a short term contract, right? I have a feeling if Guardiola left, he'd move on too
- Arsenal transfer news: Gunners fans plan protest at the Emirates Stadium because of lack of transfer activity...no-one turns up Oh okayyyy
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger accused of 'lying' to fans after failing to reveal injury to Danny Welbeck during transfer window Come again?
- Andre Villas-Boas banned 6 games in Russia for striking official WTF? Don't hit the refs, man!
Cyrus 0 -1 Wales
Baley (that's what he's called by his Welsh NT teammates) delivered a terrific header and netted his side 3 points. If they triumph over Israel, it will be the first time Wales has qualified for a major international tournament since 1958
Cyprus played well, the match was dead even (according to my SO, he watched the match, I didn't)
Again, credit to Bale, Ramsey, Williams and co for turning up and showing out when their country has needed them! They're now ranked 9th (over England's 10th, best of British!)
Snapshot of Bale. If Wales get to the Euros... wow, I'd like to see that!
Belgium 3- 1Bosnia
Hazard got his kicks in
Is he really worth £59m ? De Byrune has a price tag to try and prove his worth. I don't know what city was thinking, but when you have a sheik for a sugar daddy, well...
Why Begovic looking like Alonso at this angle? I was like, "Erm, what's Alonso doing in goal."
Italy 1 - 0 Malta
Pirlo got recalled even though he's in the MLS? Hmmm
An empty stadium. A silence for the victims of the
Holland 0- 1 Iceland
Depay was a blunted force
The definition of SMH
Who's the best in the World, Messi or Ronaldo?
In order to cut down on litter with cigarette butts, they are rolling out these butt bins across London
OP: done! Cheers, jeers, corrections and commentary pushback you know the drill! Listen, can someone do the tags for me? I need to go!