Chatter from the sidelines
- Sunderland winger Emanuele Giaccherini joins Serie A Bologna Good luck with Bologna! I can start watching Serie A again
- Rafa Benitez Blocked Real Madrid Move for Alberto Moreno Real Madrid have been after Moreno for a while, the Sevilla to Real Madrid pipeline is no joke! But good, Moreno can try and work back into the Liverpool side, since Gomez shat the bed last match
- Juventus swoop for midfield duo Hernanes and Mario Lemina following disappointing Serie A start Juventus still busy
- David de Gea transfer: Manchester United hit back at Real Madrid with statement of their own after late collapse of £29m move tl;dr, Real Madrid got cold feet and killed the deal. They have time stamps to prove it and are ready to show them if necessary
- Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea 'has to keep working' after failed move to Real Madrid because 'life goes on and no one is dying', according to Spain team-mate Sergio Ramos
Perspective comes from an unlikely source
- Real Madrid promised De Gea €10 million in compensation If transfer wasn't complete during the window
- Del Bosque "If David de Gea doesn't play for Manchester United, it will be difficult to select him for France" Hmmm
- Joey Barton has hit out at "lazy" Premier League clubs who passed on signing him during the transfer window Wait, what? He's had two assault convictions to his name, not that good and on the wrong side of thirty. What makes him an attractive prospect then? That being said, he'd make an interesting sports radio pundit in that he has an opinion that's mostly well thought out. I might not agree with them but at least I can debate them
- Bournemouth fend off Everton and Sunderland to land Napoli star Jonathan de Guzman I wish Bournemouth all the best
- Saido Berahino slams West Brom chief Jeremy Peace in Twitter outburst over failed Tottenham move after £25m bid rejected, but Baggies chairman blames Spurs
West Brom says that they were insulted by Spurs 'cheap bid' of £25 million to unsettle their player. My face when I read that statement (._.)
- Emmanuel Adebayor refuses to leave Tottenham Hotspur because he needs a sign from God He also wants his contract paid in full, refuses a loan to a club that's not in the top six, and just generally being a pest. He isn't even practicing with the U21s, not given a number and registered with the club. Pochettino is tough, but after that Newcastle match last year and the fall out, well... Adebayor and Lennon couldn't be trusted. Anyway, Spurs have cleared out nine players and brought in five, 3 defenders, 2 wingers- no DM or striker. Spurs might have to have a rummage in their academy!
- Sunderland complete DeAndre Yedlin signing from Tottenham Hotspur The deal makes sense, in that he's in England, under a good coach, and has a chance to breakthrough. He'll be played as a winger? The loan has worked for other Spurs players in the past
- Why Selling Dante Was the Right Move for Bayern Munich Dante left Bayern? When?!
- Jose Mourinho missed out on John Stones, Marquinhos and Paul Pogba... Chelsea's summer was devoid of clarity and had traces of desperation Mourinho will have to manage with what he has, or :shocker: have a rummage in his loan system. I'm sure he can find some gems there
- 15,000 Mexicans followed Bayer Leverkusen's twitter account since Chicharito's announcement yesterday Damn
- Błaszczykowski said no to Schalke 04 out of respect for BVB fans What kind of sound does the character " ł " make?
- Schweinsteiger on Manchester: "It's not as bad as you think." #MUFC #GERPOL Manchester has undergone a revival since 2001 and onward. It's not the grim North like it used to be, but the weather can be dreich
- This is how the farewell event for Raúl García went. A legend is leaving. #ThanksRaúl So long, farewell, something something goodbye?
- How Google proves Arsenal are big in Russia - but Manchester United rule USA Top five PL clubs on Google
- Transfer deadline day: De Gea deal off, Berahino anger, Martial signs and more – as it happened Guardian round up
Please don't ask me to spell this guy's name
Statement that United put out there, and suddenly, RM has gone silent, at the mention of receipts!
Do I want to know? I don't want to know. Is this dog the team mascot?
Some members of Brazil NT chilling
Chicharito at another club. I hope his shirt syndrome can be satisfied at the end of this season
Eden Hazard looks like every single mixed race boy I know with the light skin, kinda curly afro and light eyes
The belgian team uniform is the same as the Welsh team uniform *shakes fist at Adidas*
I'm just putting this here to remind me that Mikel is still alive
Raúl Garcia's leaving do from Atleti
Wow. That's how you do it, eh?
I don't have my glasses on, what's that in his hand?
Is it a baby? I can't find my glasses at the mo (I'm SO NOT driving today, HA HAAAAHHH- I'll have to take the bus, this is serious)
Oh at the man to the far left in jeans and plaid shirt. Are you American?
La Liga kinda made it rain? No, not really a rain, but a gentle drizzle
OP: done. Cheers, jeers, corrections and commentary pushback - la la la I have my fingers in my ears and I can't hear you, because we still haven't gotten rid of our manag- you know the drill!