Chatter from the sidelines
- Mourinho reaches milestone as Real Madrid & Juventus eye improvements - Opta's Weekend Preview Happy 100 home game in the PL league, Jose
- FIFA medical committee plan to debate Chelsea's Eva Carneiro storm after Jose Mourinho exiled the first team doctor Still suspended from the sidelines, has taken to walking her dog in the park, and her hair shines like the sea
- Mauricio Pochettino is continuing his 'romantic' pursuit for a new Tottenham striker I'm just posting this article because Pochettino waxed romantic. Soul of a poet, he has
- Juventus increase bid for Schalke starlet Draxler Why did I think they'd already agreed terms?
- Jose Mourinho slams Juventus boss over Oscar and Ramires amid Paul Pogba Chelsea links Just when I thought Mourinho had gone quiet, having a sip of honey and lemon in hot water to soothe the throat, you know...
- Arsenal target may not be allowed to leave Napoli until next summer Higuain has been told to stay put
- Seven things you need to know about new Tottenham Hotspur signing Heung Min Son Spurs new signing, according to rumour, his dad is the one who made him made the push?
- Lazar Markovic to join Fenerbahce on loan – but Liverpool want him back Right, I know not many people follow LFC, and you know what? It's been a frustrating couple of years with Rodgers in charge, so you may be right in not giving a toss. So, Markovic. LFC spends £20 m on the lad last year right, brings him in from Benfica. Rodgers plays him out of position (yes, he's young, yes he's supposed to find a position wherein which he clicks, but Rodgers played him in FIVE different positions last season). Now, he's sending the lad on loan because he hasn't hit the ground running. Rumour has it that because Markovic is a 'committee transfer buy' and not 'his' guy, (like Joe Allen, Adam 'Cryuff turn and miss the ball' Lallana and woeful defensive Lovern), he's offloading him or relegating him to the bench (Moreno will be lucky if he starts games going forward, Gomez looks good, and he's Rodgers man, so even if his form fails, he'll still be in the line up). Markovic is going to Turkey on loan, for him to come back next season. Turkey?! You couldn't find him a Championship side like you did Ibe and co? You're sending the lad to Turkey?! Players from Europe go to Turkey to wind down their careers, not fire them up? Honestly, what's the point of spending so much money in the first place and wasting the lad's time (because Turkey da fug)? I know that not every transfer will work out, but this is beyond the pale.
- Mario Balotelli blames Brendan Rodgers’ tactics for poor Liverpool spell Eh, neither side has covered themselves in glory, tbh. But Rodgers didn't want him from the jump and was told it was Balo or no-one, and Balotelli well, is Balotelli. But still, to quote someone from LFC offside, Rodgers borrowed Mourinho's bus, threw Balotelli under it and continued to run him over back and forth. Rodgers tried to shoulder most of LFC's lackluster performances on Balotelli in the first half of the season, and then just forgot about him. But other coaches have said that Balotelli is untrainable (from Jose Mourinho to Cesare Prandelli, and even Roberto Mancini has washed his hands off Balo. The Azzuri kicked Balotelli off the team so... yeah. I really thought he'd have kicked on post Euros 2012, but Balotelli has regressed). So, sorry that it didn't work out, and yeah, the club sanctioned hatchet job in the press has been shameful, but Balotelli isn't blameless.
- Brendan Rodgers has Liverpool in for extra defensive training sessions in bid to stop last year's problems at the back I wish the journalists would bring up his past soundbite about 'anyone can play defence' because he wanked himself blind for that free flowing high press, possession oriented ball- now his imposed assistant coaches are actually improving LFC's defence. Watch Rodgers take all the accolades, and give himself an onanism to his own greatness, when the last trophy he won was to go from a Championship side to PL (and saying that will be his proudest moment - Champions League doesn't get a look in). You go, assistant coaches, I see you, even if Rodgers won't acknowledge you.
Adidas will today, officially reveal the third kits for six of the leading dynasties in European football: Manchester United, Real Madrid, FC Bayern Munich, Chelsea FC, Juventus and AC Milan at the #BETHEDIFFERENCE World Final in Marseille.
The six European giants will each bring two of their top players to reveal their new ‘spark in the night’ third kits. All the kits incorporate unique references to the heritage, fans and cities of these great clubs, who between them have won an incredible 28 UEFA Champions League trophies. (I remember when LFC used to be with Adidas, bawww)
So, let's talk about the shorts in this kit. Adidas designers were on some legal highs when they did the bottom of this kit, no? It's similar to the Chelsea third kit shorts. So I need to see RM and BM's as well
Who's the guy to the right with the cartoonishly exaggerated jawline? I thought 'lantern jawed' was a phrase that made no sense - until now. You can see Juventus and AC Milan's offerings at this link
Gossip in pictures
#Herecomestheson- Son signs for Spurs. He's waiting on a work permit in order to play
Gareth Bale finally gives his first interview in Spanish after two years in the Spanish capital - and yeah, well. Points for trying, I guess
After four bids, the last coming to £37 m, Chelsea has decided to move on. John Stones has said to be 'emotional' because he'd put in a transfer request, but the club and manager blocked his move because he signed a contract extension last year. Cue American fans saying how Everton and West Brom, by not selling their best players will have caused football to weaken, because with money sloshing through the PL, the lower placed clubs can hold on to their best players instead of giving them up to a top four club and that's a bad thing. Why? Because all clubs will do a Chelsea and ravish lower league teams domestic and foreign and pluck academy talent and hoard them up and loan them out, and the sea shall be red with blood, darkness will cover the sky. Behold a pale horse! Leading all four horsemen who will ride across the crumbling empty stadia. O, Albion! Seriously, that was the argument. I'm like, "Oh."
Wolfsburg 3 - 0 Schalke
The noteworthy news that DeBuyrne was absent. People are saying that Manchester City has gotten him and that Navas needs to start packing. Idek
OP: done! A question, does anyone read these posts on a weekend? I wonder if the posts are a bit too heavy on the weekends, especially since everyone is out and about (as you should be!). I'm out walking tomorrow. In the rain. So a truncated post will greet your eyes tomorrow. Anyway, cheers, jeers, corrections and commentary pushback, y'all know the drill!