Chatter from the sidelines
- Mario Balotelli: The antics which made Liverpool FC desperate to get him out of Anfield The stories have been leaking steadily about Balotelli for the past month or so. Hence AC Milan making him sign a contract for for maintaining good behaviour. He really needs to get out of his own way
- Liverpool FC relegated to pot two for Europa League draw as coefficient drops Under Brendan Rodgers the coefficient has dropped, he's in his fourth year now, so make it happen, Rodgers!
- Pogba to Chelsea: Blues believe Juventus are now ready to do business over £70m midfielder I'll believe it when I see it, more on Chelsea anon
- Sevilla reunite with Juventus to finalise Fernando Llorente deal Juventus has cut Llorente lose (he's left on a free) and signing with Sevilla
- Paul Scholes says David de Gea is 'out of order' if he has lost focus for Manchester United amid Real Madrid transfer talk This is becoming a farce. But I'm posting this article here so I can gossip. It's alleged that privately, DeGea is fuming about the picture LvG has painted of him in the press, because he's told LvG and co that he can play and wants to play. But LvG is understandably cautious because what's the point of putting a player in your plans when the transfer window is still open and he wants out? The supporters are irked because at least Ronaldo was in contract and the club got a lot of money for him for him to go. It's a situation where no-one is happy, I think, and DeGea's studied silence has seen sympathy for his plight turned to scorn.
- German media reports Son Heung-Min will transfer to Tottenham Hotspur It's all conjecture because Pochettino refuses to be drawn on his players. He'll always say, "They're in my plans" and next day, you hear that they're off to China or Spain or Italy, But their bid for Berahino has run into gridlock, even though the target put in a transfer request. Oh LOL.
- Everton FC will reject John Stones transfer request, says Roberto Martinez Martinez's posturing is futile in the end, because Everton is in trouble financially, according to their supporters. They're leveraged up to the hilt, so even if Stones had a change of heart and wanted to stay, he'll have to go
- Steven Gerrard backed for management by Bruce Arena Gerrard would have to harden his heart to the game for a bit. He's spoken about getting into football management, getting his badges and whatnot. Being a football manager seems to be a Sisyphean Task, no?
- MLS has an international buzz, which is good and bad The good is, the foreign players have giving the league a heavily needed dose of seriousness (it's not necessarily considered a Mickey Mouse league anymore) but on the other hand it's just too much money and their local players are at risk being maligned. As an aside, I can't believe that LA Galaxy paid so much for the flop de Santos, truly
The Gerrards loving LA
Champions League: An Overview
Chelsea loan players. Read the accompanying article as a young player, Idek if Chelsea would be my first choice if they were courting me with other clubs, what's the percentage of loanees who get to pull on the blue shirt in the end?
Group draw for CL today! I will be away. Someone make a post about that, will yah? So I can follow on my phone?
Teams in the pots
Teams names spelt out (if like me, you can't id some of the crests)
The teams for the group stage. Who is yours? I'm English, so I'm obligated to cheer for the co-efficient, even though in my heart of hearts I do want ALL the top four to get relegated. #Bantz
Bruge 0 - 4 Manchester United (agg 1- 7)
After 876 mins without getting a goal in the net, Rooney gets three. It's that old chestnut of waiting for one bus and three come along at once!
That being said, this was the best moment of the night. When LvG and Giggs exchanged stares because Chicharito did...
This. Chicharito is a Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham prospect. After that performance... well, his chances might be dented a little
I found a gif of Chicha's sliding on his butt for you. You're welcome
I like this picture. So many things you can take away from it, read into it. Rooney, Memphis and LvG. Word has it that LvG is loving his time over at Old Trafford.
Manchester United will never be my team, although I like a fair few of their players. Herrera being one of them. Ander Herrera is a class apart, although the match fixing situation that surrounds him is kinda dodgy
Bayer Leverkusen 3- 0 Lazio
Lazio is out! But then, again, you'd have known that
OP: done! Time is against one, and I have to dash. Cheers, jeers, corrections and commentary pushback, you know the drill! Sorry for the mostly English slant, but apart from the usual slagging off re: the money in the PL from the European sides (Kevin De Bruyne is causing more trouble than he's probably worth, tbh), there was nowt much to report?