Chatter from the sidelines
- John Stones latest: Everton defender slaps in transfer request to try and force Chelsea move
It's sad that it's come to this. Once you hand in a transfer request, that's putting your money where your mouth is
- West Ham ‘agree deal in principle for Simone Zaza transfer from Juventus’ West Ham seems to be in trouble according to their supporters
- Premier League striker Sakho 'accused of making threats to kill' Like I said, West Ham might be in trouble
- Capital One Cup third round draw: Arsenal face Tottenham at White Hart Lane and champions Chelsea travel to Walsall One of the English domestic cups. I think they should stick with the FA cup because it's all comers, instead of the Capital One Cup (which is just professional leagues)
- DeAndre Yedlin is wanted by many clubs across Europe Yedders is going out on loan. Most clubs see him as a winger (his speed, strength) than a right back (weak in defence).
- Liverpool team is most pure, uncut essence of Brendan Rodgers so far Only took four years and £300 million, I guess. Interesting article, we'll see if there's improvement on the European front
- Jordan Rossiter - the Liverpool lad who Robbie Fowler billed as 'potentially a young Stevie G' makes his Premier League debut... so, who is this 18-year-old midfielder Rossiter is a local lad from the academy. It's nice to have to have a Scouse lad in the side, because LFC has always prided itself as a 'community' club, like Everton, in terms of recruiting lads from the Merseyside, getting them into the academy and pushing them through. Flanno is out on injury, so it's nice that another Scouse lad gets a look in
- Real Sociedad manager David Moyes keen on tying up £12m deal for Southampton target Asier Illarramendi Illarra is a wanted man. Real Sociedad is hoping to get him on loan, and their president (who's on good terms with Flo P) hopes that their friendship will smooth the tracks. The thing is though, Real Madrid wants rid, because a loan means that he's still on the books. Real Sociedad might not be able to compete with English teams. Spurs (who Madrid scalped off two of their best players) is coming with cold hard cash, and they're good for the money. But Southampton has joined the fray, even though they're taking a player off Celtic (especially since Celtic isn't in the CL anymore). Ayyy
- José Mourinho thrives on tension but after two years it becomes a problem A good article on Mourinho, and why he's up sh*t creek sans paddle right now
Milan AC Balotelli is backkkkk! He says that he'll speak less and work more. He's in the
Malmo boots out Celtic. FML
Valencia see off Monacao and are now in the CL. Spain becomes the first country to have FIVE clubs in the Champions League. Money!
OP: done. Cheers, jeers, corrections and commentary pushback, you know the drill. Not much news to see here, thank goodness. It's been a helluva transfer window season so far, I need it to be over for the sake of my heart