Chatter from the sidelines
- Chelsea and Man City braced as Juventus move in with £28m bid for Real Madrid star Isco What?
- Jose Mourinho is falling out with everyone at Chelsea from the doctor to John Terry... something is not right at Stamford Bridge Mou being Mou. The S*n poured kerosene on that fire by getting an ex of Dr Eva Carneiro to talk about her sex life, I heard? I don't read The S*n, LFC supporter and all that. Well, at least The News of The World has been defunct for the past three years? That paper was scandalous. I remember the Rebecca Loos scandal well
- Lazio Midfielder Happy To See Bosnian Trio In Serie A More Bosnians in one league, the better?
- Cadena SER: Inter's debt is €180m & UEFA required a minimum €30m reduction. Shaqiri sold for €17m to Stoke & now Kovacic for €30-35m. Shaqiri's reason for going to Stoke
- Man United keeper David De Gea offered £12million signing-on fee by Real Madrid to see out contract So Manchester United won't see any money if he leaves on a free. As much as I'm not a fan of Ronaldo, even though he knew that he was leaving for Real Madrid, he signed a new contract so that Manchester United could have gotten some money. It was seen as a gesture of thanks (even though he was leaving) for the club giving him a chance to shine.
- Liverpool flop Mario Balotelli urged to quit Anfield by boss Brendan Rodgers Balotelli was a committee signing, not a Rodgers signing (again, for a man who wants to manage in Spain, how WILL he work with a DOF?). Balotelli is now training in the U21 reserves and has been told straight up that he needs to find another club to play at
We are the (soon to hopefully be) the famous five! Spurs new signings from left to right: Trippier (defender), Alli (midfield), N'jie (stricker/winger), Alderwiereld (defender) and Wimmer (defender- kinda looks like Ben Affleck but without the douche canoe air). All are rated, but we will see! I think Bentaleb needs to have a seat so that Dele Alli can have a go. Bentaleb has gotten complacent and switched off. N'jie seems to have problems with end product, but is seen as being potentially great. Trippier and Alderwiereld have already proven their worth, tbh. Wimmer is seen as someone who's always looking to improve. An old fashioned kind of defender, none of this bombing forward business.
Arsenal 2 - 1 Crystal Palace
I didn't watch this match, so I have nothing
The yellow ochre and petrol blue is growing on me
The goalie training kit is nice
Crystal Palace has such a stereotypical American air about it, it's unreal. The eagles, the cheerleaders... mercy
Loads of air
Giroud isn't trying to hear that Arsenal needs a better striker!
Manchester City 3 - 0 Chelsea
This meme will never die
Oh right, you wanted to see pictures from the match? Well, Aguero almost drew blood in the first 30 seconds. Got blocked. Then on his fifth try, 32 minutes into the game, he scored!
City were playing their attacking best. Don't know what's gone on behind the scenes (sackings, a talking to?) but whatever, it worked
This game was weird, all round. Elbows flying, blood everywhere, and Fernando still on the pitch. WTF?
Silva had a good match.
Begovic was not at fault here. He did his part, but Chelsea was a mess. Word has it that Mourinho wants to buy new players. Hence him replacing John Terry with Ramieres, was it? Then saying that Chelsea 'Had the moral obligation to buy big players'. I love the megalomaniac, I do! I'd also love, love, love for Abramovich to point to their academy teeming with talent and loanee players, and tell Mourinho to choose from that, and that the chequebook is locked. Especially since Mourinho seems be coming unhinged. LOL, the league will be less colourful when he goes.
The new look Chelsea medical staff came out to cheers of "You're getting sacked in the morning!" Man City's stadium was actually full this time around. Not the Emptiad anymore!
Wolfsburg 2 - 1 Eintracht
Wolfsburg won, De Bryne got substituted for playing below par and Wolfsburg sets to steel themselves against another brace of offers
Wolfsburg has a ... giant rat as a mascot?
OP: done. Cheers, jeers, corrections and pushback against commentary, you know the drill! This post is a bit late because I forgot it was in the... uh... queue? Hey, can I have a club: crystal palace tag?