Chatter from the sidelines
- Louis van Gaal: David de Gea does not want to play for Manchester United DdG says otherwise, but the upshot is, he's not going to play until the transfer window closes, either way
- Exclusive: De Gea baffled by LvG claims he did not want to play. Understand he told Hoek in meeting he was HAPPY to play. Story Right, this story is getting complicated. Word has it, that DdG was offered a new contract by Manchester United, but he turned it down because of varying reasons. One was he felt neglected b/c Manchester United left it too late (he might have signed it if they'd come to him earlier, when RM courting him was just an abstract idea), but they were dealing with Moyes and his clash with staff and players, as well as sourcing a new manager - LvG. Real Madrid picked up on that, and came into the hunt- as well as DdG's gf citing not being happy in Manchester. Then, he wasn't happy with his new goalkeeping coach (Steele left because of Moyes, and LvG has his own team). Real Madrid don't want to pay the £30 million price, so DdG is forcing a move saying that he didn't want to play for Manchester United (according to the Times, behind a paywall, sorry). Then that discussion with LvG happened, and here we are. I promised not much PL didn't I? I'm so sorry, mates.
- Real legend Manolo Sanchís hits back at Gerard Piqué It seemed when Barcelona won the Supercup, Piqué was all, "Eff Madrid" which yeah... extra
- Sherwood defends foreign buys tl;dr- they play more, cost less. But isn't that why you have academies and whatnot? Anyway, more money is being invested in the grassroots so that's a good thing
- Juventus want Gotze, Bayern says no What it says on the tin
- Juventus open Chelsea talks over Cuadrado price Real talk, how many players do Juventus have now?
- Dzeko is at Roma Wants to win trophies (don't we all)
- Tottenham Hotspur bid for Clinton Njie 'too good to turn down' says Lyon manager Hubert Fournier Right, this story has context. When Levy dealt with Lyon for Hugo Lloris, it was so traumatic that Lyon said they'd NEVER deal with Spurs again. Dishonour on your mother, dishonour on your cow, may you always have crab lice in your armpits, etc. So for Lyon to backtrack like this... LOL
- Shaqiri ignores Effenberg remarks Effenberg was mad that Shaqiri signed for Stoke instead of Schalke, iirc? Claimed that it was for money? But rumour (ah, that again) has it that Bayern Munich sold him to Inter with conditions (remember, LFC and Everton were in competition for his signature at the time, but Bayern sold him to Inter for a low price which made everyone go "WTF?". I'd have been surprised if Inter would have been able to sell him back to the Bundesliga, savvy?
- Watford boss Quique Sanchez Flores has been shaped by giants of the game but his inspiration comes from his aunt Lola Her name was Lola, she was a showgir- flamenco dancer. Flores' story is fascinating. Something that you'd read in a Spanish Vanity Fair, because of all the socialities and pretty people, and expect glossy pictures in that Royal Portraiture style
- Zorc ridicules Immobile claims basically, Immobile should look inside himself because he know he did wrong
- Dutch Club Roda JC Kirkrade confirm partnership with Tottenham Hotspur Spurs has an academy of players coming through (it's supposedly so brimming with talent, that Pochettino has refused Southampton players on loan, and focusing on talent in house). Spurs don't want to be confined loaning them out to British clubs (they've loaned out two highly regarded players to Rangers, because Pochettino and the manager there get on), but want them to have European experience as well.
Pictures (and some gossip)
Quique Flores might be a new coach bae. Or House masquerading as a coach on the sidelines
Southampton's Koeman sends message of thanks. He's recovering from a ruptured Achilles
Everyone is looking forward to Mourinho's first press conference (today!) because the nine day talk about Dr Eva Caniero has not let up. Mourinho is being pilloried, yo.
Like a Titan stirring from long slumber, the Bundesliga is back
OP: done! Cheers, jeers, corrections and commentary pushback, you know the drill! I have broken out in hives, and have been itching like woah. It's not bed bugs (checked), not fibreglass (checked). Covered head to toe in calamine lotion, so yeah. Send good vibes to me, please?