Chatter from the sidelines
- Steven Gerrard tells Raheem Sterling to 'be a man' about his Liverpool future Either fish or cut bait
- Chelsea transfer news: Asmir Begovic poised to complete £8 million move to Stamford Bridge on Friday Is this real life? No, this is not a prompt for Bohemian Rhapsody, either
- 'We deserve explanation, it's an utter farce!' - Southampton fans gutted as Alderweireld seals Tottenham switch I'd say that it sucks to be Southampton, but nah. After LFC paid £50 million for overpriced twats, and Manchester United paid all that money for the underwhelming Luke Shaw, I have no sympathy for the club anymore. You can't have it all your way
- Iker Casillas exit clears way for David de Gea to join Real Madrid as Manchester United keeper expects imminent deal I'll say this for de Gea; he's kept his counsel all this time. Compared to the meltdown Sterling has had in the face of the press, de Gea looks damn near dignified. If Casillas leaves, Benítez has pulled off a coup.
- Shaqiri is getting closer to joining Schalke while Perisic could become an Inter player on Wednesday (Di Marzio) Huh
- Manchester United approached by Sevilla over £8m-rated target Javier Hernandez It would be a good deal for both sides, no?
- Liverpool and Spurs on alert as Fernando Llorente's agent hints at transfer from Juventus What's Llorente's English like?
- What NYC Should Expect From "Il Maestro" Andrea Pirlo I forget, some MLS fans might not know the man. I always think that American fans watch European football, but quite a few do not
- Cuban Striker Defects Before Gold Cup Opener Yeah, I think that's happened before. A Cuban defector now plays in the MLS
- Roberto Soldado hopes to end Tottenham pain with return to Spain He's asked the club to release him from contract. Just as well, lad. Adebayor says that he refuses to leave unless he goes to an elite club. Say whut?
- Arda Turan Thrilled By Barcelona Move Shock transfer of the summer, this is. Some Atletico fans I know are PISSED. Others expected him to go
David Beckham at Wimbledon yesterday
Rakitic and his wife
Beckham and Farrah
The Lionesses got to meet Prince William yesterday. I'm not a fan of Prince William, but I respect the fact that he's made football one of his patronages. I wish Duchess Dolittle would make female sports her mandate but ehh
The English NT got tickets to Wimbledon, they had to wear their bronze medals around their necks like some showponies though
Pippa Middleton's thirst is real. Trying to make herself happen since... well, forever, really. NO, you cannot be a trap queen
Becks and his mum
OP: done. Any cheers, jeers, corrections and commentary pushback, you know the drill! I'm serious about the corrections, no matter how snarky my response. I do try to get to them within 24 hours.