Chatter from the sidelines
- Women's World Cup 2015: Singing manager & a female Messi Women's World Cup starts today (go, England!). So the crafting of narratives begins
- All eyes on Canada for opening action Here come the girls, sisters are doing it for themselves, etc...
- Blatter Knew Of Bribery Plan, Dossier Reveals Supposedly the reason Blatter resigned as President of FIFA was because he wouldn't have to answer certain questions
- Juventus hype video for the CL this evening hype!
- Bee just bought 42% of AC Milan is this the hello kitty guy? Link in Italian
- FIFA scandal: Sepp Blatter was 'former lover of Cristiano Ronaldo's model ex-girlfriend Irina Shayk'First Blatter? Then Ronaldo? Girlll.....
- Cristiano Ronaldo hits back amid rumours he cheated on Irina Shayk as Real Madrid star trains with Portugal team-mates Okay.
- Unai Emry renews contract with Sevilla until 2017
- Jack Warner wanted $7m bribe to vote for us as World Cup hosts, says Egypt Goddamn
- Chelsea will allow Petr Cech to join Arsenal or Manchester United Mourinho doesn't want it, but Abramovich (Chelsea owner) and Cech are friends, so he's given him his blessing
- Bem-vindo a casa, Jorge Jesus! #BemVindoJesus View translation Sporting CP welcomes Jorge Jesus on twitter. My Benifica friend is having a cow
- Weak Serie A can't hide behind Juventus' success - Beckenbauer NGL, after I read what this guy did with South Africa and its World Cup his name is just white noise to me now
- Football League to adopt modified version of the Rooney Rule in order to increase number of black and Asian managersIt just means that non white coaches can get an interview, not being parachuted into jobs. You hear stories about non white players not even thinking about going for their badges because they don't see a pathway to coaching (not being a proper gaffer like Mourinho and et al, just even getting into assistant coaching like Mourinho was with LvG or Bobby Robson, that sort of apprenticeship is even closed to them
- Watford confirm Quique Sanchez Flores as new boss for Premier League return
The former Atletico Madrid coach?
Everyone is hyping over CL. FIFA's shenanigans has taken the shine off the upcoming match for me, tbh
Guess who these English football players are
Supposedly the USMNT had a friendly against Holland? Somebody holla, because I don't know
Yedlin supposedly played very well as a winger, and his positioning has improved, I hear. He still counts on pace to get him out of trouble, which is okay now, but not so great when you're older, so he needs to tweak that aspect of his game
The USWNT watching the USMNT- right, do you yanks have a name for your team? For instance, England is called 'three lions' (or 'lionesses' depending on the sex of the team)
The USMNT took down FIFA and now oranje- what a week
Memphis got an assist in his country's goal (NED).
Depay be all up in defences like... a wrecking ball
Huntelaar was on the hunt! He got a goal! Tim Howard has said that he wants to come back to international competition
Today was a good day
OP: done! Any cheers, jeers, corrections or commentary pushback, y'all know the drill. I'm walking this weekend, so any round up of matches played today will be truncated in tomorrows post. Have a good one!