Chatter from the sidelines
- Serie A - Rafa Benitez confirms Napoli exit, silent on Real Madrid link So, Real Madrid gossip. What swung the vote in Benitez favour (so I hear) is the fact that Benitez would make Bale the fulcrum of the team, and change the role that he currently plays, which will affect Ronaldo's prominence to a point. It's going to be fun times at Real Madrid since Benitez is well known not to really care about the footballer per se, and tends to treat them as chess pieces. I'm sure his family will enjoy Madrid- since they're initially from there.
- What Winning the Champions League Would Mean for Juventus and Serie A tl:dr; it would mean that Juventus could hold on to their stars and attract more players in that vein, but it will also distance themselves more from the other Italian clubs in terms of wealth and such. The rich get richer, the same as it ever was.
- Real Madrid deny approach for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba Pogba's agent has been making a tit of himself again, saying that RM was in contention so as to drive his price up
- Sami Khedira and Paulo Dybala pass respective medicals ahead of Juventus moves what it says on the tin. I guess Khedira didn't want to go back to Germany after all?
- Juventus start to acknowledge 39 victims of Heysel after 30 years Juventus at first tried to forget Heysel and distanced the club from the tragedy, and it took the families/supports of the club constant campaigning to shame the club and keep the fight alive. Liverpool has sent over a representative to honour the dead. The English FA offered and Juventus said no
- Tottenham consider move for unsettled Juventus striker Fernando Llorente It's a move that would benefit both, tbh. Llorente seems to be surplus to requirements, and Spurs, once Pochettino gets rid of the deadwood will only have Kane (Ings is said to want LFC, Austin is rumoured to be 'difficult') and Spurs will be a young team. So Llorente's age and leadership could be good. Also, Spurs do have a couple of Spanish speakers that can help him settle in (Érik Lamela's English has improved tremendously
- West Ham try to pinch Ajax boss Frank de Boer AGAIN Their season starts in mid July, better hurry!
- FIFA 16 to include 12 women squads about bloody time
FIFA News Roundup
- FIFA could lose millions from sponsors in wake of £100m corruption scandal as Visa threaten to withdraw their backing Visa and McDonald's...
- Michel Platini fires UEFA quit threat at Sepp Blatter as FIFA prepare presidential vote Either Blatter goes or UEFA go
- BREAKING: Sunil Gulati, US Soccer pres, says USA will vote for Prince Ali in #FIFA election. Canada Soccer Assoc. also supporting Prince Ali source is a tweet
- No Brazilian representatives left in Zurich for Fifa vote tomorrow. 1 arrested yday and the other, as reported by @JamilChade, has fled.SMH at this mess
- Nike becomes suspected player in alleged $150 million FIFA bribery scandal The fact that Brasilian players weren't chosen for talent but marketability.
- Nicolas Sarkozy 'colluded' to get Qatar 2022 World Cup They had dinner, a deal was made
- Fifa: Blatter refuses to quit as president & vows 'to restore trust' His excuse yesterday- I'm the President but I can't oversee everything!
- FIFA sponsors should withdraw their backing if Sepp Blatter is voted in for another term... what has occurred looks like organised crime, says Richard Bransonhe's not wrong
Women are in the game
Men aren't happy that women are in the game
Alex Morgan in her fitted suit (I can't remember the name, but a computer records your movements
Screen caps. OMG, this is football! People aren't going to steal my joy! The Three Lions, y'all
Germany, where you at?
Athletes running so that the computers can get the dimensions for their build (in terms of how they move, their positioning, etc
OMG. The first time I feel moved to play FIFA anything! At last!
The football season is over Europe, but the post season tours and such are underway!
So, Yedlin got a run out and sorry to say, America but... he's not as good as he's hyped up to be. Yedlin has a heavy first touch, has no positional awareness, and relies too much on his speed to get him out of trouble. Especially since your speed will taper off as you get older (like Lennon before him) you're borrowing trouble if he can't improve. The consensus is that Spurs will have to loan him out to a Championship side, or a lower PL side, which is why they're still in the market for another defender
The Spurs whistle stop tour takes them to Malaysia and (now) Australia before the lads break up for holidays. Well, save Kane. He's been adamant that he wants to go to the U21s. Pochettino and Southgate (U21 coach) had their talks, so Kane will go. But he won't come back to the team until much later in the season. Hence the Spurs trying to tap up another striker
The AIA cup is their sponsor's cup. Kinda like how Audi do their Cup for Bayern Munich and the teams that Bayern invite
Soldado celebrated his 30th birthday with his teammates. Why is Jan rocking that white shirt with tie? Why is Lamela seduced by all outfits that are tight and white?
Spurs got their images projected on the bridge
Huh. Look at Lloris
Chelsea in the Far East
I want to say Bangkok, but I'm not so sure
I reaallllly hate the shoulder stripes on the adidas shirts. So FUG. It ruins the lines
Man City is doing North America
Man City played in Canada
Much better than wanting cake, Toure
OP: done! Any cheers, jeers, corrections, commentary pushback- y'all know the drill! Sorry, I need to leave so can someone/anyone just do the tags - or else they'll have to wait until tomorrow. Thanks!