Chatter from the sidelines
- Ancelotti rules out Serie A return because of 'brainless fans' The fans have too much power, the stadia are empty, and too much violence
- Gianluigi Buffon: last-four place would put Juventus back among Europe’s best despite the gambling, the 88 controversy and the rest of it, Buffon's someone I still have to read his interviews
- Man orders Juventus kit with Pirlo on the back - but ends up with Pitlochry due to auto-correct! LOL, I cry, because this would have been me, yes?
- Tottenham transfer news: Spurs set to offload NINE players in summer clear-out including Roberto Soldado and Emmanuel Adebayor yep sounds about right. They paid £90 for 'em collectively, would be lucky to get even half that value. What's interesting is that Lamela's name isn't amongst them. Hmmm
- West Ham slash season ticket prices following £5bn TV deal Something like, from £600 odd a year to £200 odd a year nice- they're also getting the Olympic stadium on a 99 year base for relatively peanuts. Everything's coming up roses, now they just need a new coach to align with their ambition. Rumour has it they reached out to Klopp and went, 'Will you save us?' and like that Watchman he said, 'No'
- Racing de Santander need your help! They're a wee club in Santander (Spain) League 3 with a lot of history that's under the kosh, and €5 (if you can donate) will make you a socio. The link is here If you want some sweet kit a supporting shop is here. Unleash your inner hipster rocking a Racing shirt. People will ask, 'Who?' and you can roll your eyes and huff hipsterly, because supporting Real Madrid and Barca is so PLAYED OUT. I have NO connection to the club, and if this is beyond the comm's remit, I'll remove it.
- Benitez Turns Down Napoli Renewal As He Holds Out For Manchester City Job you know, I wouldn't hate this
- Hugo Lloris ready to leave Tottenham to fulfil Champions League dream Fair enough. I think the Spurs supporters understand and wish him well. I know I do. As captain, with his teammates playing for CL clubs, he thinks that he needs to as well, which is fair enough, Spurs is a perennial bridesmaid but not a bride
- Liverpool contacts Borussia Dortmund about Immobile: the situation Um... so LFC take a struggling striker who seems to be low on this much vaulted confidence?
Bayern 6- 1 Porto
UGH, thanks Porto for making Bayern fans absolutely, unforgivably smug. Tw*ts. FFS, how the hell could they throw a three point advantage away
5 goals down in the first half, I just... looked at my phone in my Spanish exam and shook my head. SMH.
And then to further get this metaphorical buggering, Alonso got a free kick. FFS, Porto. You didn't think they'd come roaring back, especially with the troubles of perception Guardiola is supposed to have?
Oh well, Guardiola's trousers got torn. Which cheap ass off the rack suit does that?
Here's a pic of Oliver Torres. I started watching him because he and Javier Manquillo are friends. Bye, Porto.
Barcelona 5 - 1 PSG
Neymar was in fine form last night. I have a pair of thirsty friends who text me his every score. Since Suárez joined this season it's been more frequent
Internets, it's hard to get match actions of the players in action. It seems to have been nothing but a preen last night.
David Luis is having a hard time
Did Iniesta have good night last night? I keep hearing his name today, so he was either good or bad.
Luis was off the boil here
OP: done! Off to try and take over the world. I've been invited to a Spanish meet up tonight but everyone there is a Real Madridista, and if Real Madrid lose, they're going to be unbearable; if they win, even even more so. I might just practice my Spanish with some dodgy ass people online instead. I have my practice in saying, "Oh no, I can't do THAT, The British Parliament has passed a law which deems it illegal."