Chatter from the sidelines
- EPL club Tottenham Hotspur announced as opponents for 2015 AT&T MLS All-Star Game it seems to be a popular and profitable fixture, this All Star Game. Pochettino must be... bemused
- Juventus keeper Gianluigi Buffon: It would be a waste if I retired... I am still playing well well, okay
- Chelsea eye up move for West Ham striker Enner Valencia as they prepare new long-term deal for loan starlet Patrick Bamford pardon my language but FUCK that, and swivel, Chelsea. Bamford really deserves a chance for first team action. Another loan? Why not make him stay at 'Boro if that's the case? Go to LFC (would never happen) or Spurs (ha) mate
- Napoli president De Laurentiis confines squad to permanent training camp LOL, is this true?
Round up of articles with Jurgen Klopp (mostly in English, from English newspapers, and you're welcome to contribute links of your own in any language.
- Jurgen Klopp is made for the Premier League but where will maverick manager end up after Borussia Dortmund exit?
The Daily Mail have always liked/been sympathetic to Klopp and his project, and this article is a decent overview of the man, his playing style, the face he presents
- Manchester City cool on Jürgen Klopp despite Manuel Pellegrini’s struggles Man City don't see Klopp as a 'cultured manager' - they're hanging their hat for Guardiola- that's going to end in tears
- Jurgen Klopp to quit Borussia Dortmund on July 1 - as it happened excellent overview. You couldn't make it up- an English paper sent a non German speaking reporter to cover the conference and he only understood three words, so reported that Klopp was quitting to take up extreme sports (skydiving?)
- Jürgen Klopp presser and the great language barrier live blog Forever LOL.
- Manchester City have a problem - they can go for Jurgen Klopp now or Pep Guardiola later, but not both opinion piece. Worth a read.
- Official Dortmund notice here
- Did Jurgen Klopp want to leave Borussia Dortmund to manage Manchester United? Yeah I heard this rumour last year, thought that it was feverish fanfic, especially since LvG had been looking to get into the PL circa 2003, I wasn't shocked when LvG took over, you know? He wanted the Man United job from 2003
- Arsenal rule out move for Jurgen Klopp They're happy with Arsene Wenger
- Five reasons Klopp is leaving Dortmund I agree. I have a lot to say, but I don't really have it in me to argue today, so, I'll pass.
- Jürgen Klopp asks to leave Borussia Dortmund Well, Guardiola said it best, that a team should keep renewing itself every four years. Coaches probably should too. Probably Red Bull's policy towards its clubs is a good idea going forward?
Klopp's press conference.
Sad. When I started following Europe, Klopp and Simeone were 'new' and 'exciting' names that were being whispered in the forums. The Dortmund and Atletico Madrid fans had a spring in their step, and a belief akin to Witnesses knocking on your door
Dortmund supporters were in a funk yesterday. Dortmund finally convinced me to give Bundisliga a try because of Klopp! Will miss you, big man! An era is over
LOL, sorry still laughing
You couldn't make it up
Back to work. I can't remember which Bayern coach made the comment I want to say-Heynckes ? Anyway, he said that teams like Dortmund tried to assail Bayern's dominance, and that they lasted only two or three years as runners up, they can't win, so they fall apart in the end.
Porto 3- 1 Bayern
Porto did well. Olivier Torres- I was impressed by the lad. Atlético Madrid loanee, eh?
Martinez and Torres celebrate
A true FML face
Who's this lumpy faced creature?
So, Alonso's form went missing around December, and is having an extended holiday somewhere NICE, with a fruity drink and hot men and women- because its sexuality is fluid- because it still hasn't come back. I saw this goal - Alonso pretty much went missing, and Martinez is a guy that will catch you slipping.
I really need for the captain being the only one to speak to ref to come on now, thanks. No crowding the ref! Gosh. I'd hate Platini a LOT less if he actually brought that rule in. Only captains to speak to the ref, the ref to be miked up, and the rest of the players falling the HELL back
PSG 0 - 3 Barcelona
Luiz showed why Chelsea are still pissing themselves with laughing that they got £50 million for his services from PSG
Suarez was on fire. Got 2 goals
There be... nah, I won't say it
Neymar and Messi don't get half the fanfic written about them like you think they would, but then you look at them and go, this is where reality is bigger and better than feverish imagination
Neymar got the first goal. He's looking pretty bulked up and manly, and less like Bambi
Twenty six years ago, 96 fans left for a football match to Hillsborough and didn't come back. The Sun and the Thatcher government covered up... a lot of things. After years of pushing for justice, there's an inquiry, and the inquiry isn't over. Most football clubs put away the rivalry for one day and show solidarity to LFC
Gerrard and Jagielka release balloons in the sky
An image of that day. The others are too harrowing to post
Manchester United sent out a missive of support.
Once a year, the relatives of the deceased come to Anfield, LFC, and the players - past and present come to share the moment
It's pretty important, almost sacred. There was a goalie at LFC who laughed and chatted when the moment was observed, and he got moved out of the club sharpish
More of the LFC players with relatives of the 96
Both teams - ladies and mens as well as the academy talents are mandated to come and show support
The faces of those 96 who never came back from a football match
Steven Gerrard grew up in the shadow of the tragedy, as his cousin, Jon Paul was killed in the crush. He's given money to the charity, and shows up every year and every new player in the dressing room knows how important this day is.
USMNT 2 - 0 Mexico
Jordan Morris scored his first goal for his first cap as a USMNT player
Nike really shat the bed with this kit. It's terrible
So Yeldin is back with the USMNT, huh? Interesting
Dos a cero is supposed to be a big deal. I don't know why
OP- and done! Any cheers, jeers and commentary pushback, you know the drill!