Chatter from the sidelines
- Sevilla coach Unai Emery in talks over new deal with La Liga top-four hopefuls my Sevillista friend doesn't like him much - why?
- Liverpool monitoring Napoli's Higuain talks Napoli wants him to stay, LFC is supposed to be contention. Hmmm.
- Slaves Forced to Run Marathon Shoeless in Qatar in order to show the haters of Qatar... something
- Men's Ranking FIFA
- Reddit has a dedicated sub for woman's football here
- Women's football in Britain: Doing it for themselves A bit of context: with increasing sponsorships, BBC and BT are paying for rights to show the games, Liverpool and Manchester City have pumped money into their women's team- getting foreign talents, paying them (relatively) well, and it's a good time to get into the sport because youtube now has highlights of selected games. Chelsea, Arsenal, LFC, Manchester City, Nottingham Magpies, Sunderland etc have female teams in the FSL. There are two divisions at the moment (the FSL the equivalent of the PL) and a lower division. The same promotion/relegation systems apply. The game play is more on finesse, less power, and not as fast, but the defence can be patchy, and to my eye, forwards get a wee bit too much space. Idek how they can play with their long ponytails but they do! Liverpool won the FSL, there are no defined rivalries as yet (from what I can see). Sweden also seems to have a very developed female league, a few of the women have played there.
- Liverpool slap £50m price tag on Raheem Sterling to stop winger leaving the club FFS. All Sterling has to do is to let his contract run down and leave via Boseman eighteen months from now. If a player wants to go... well
- BREAKING: Aska news reports that Silvio Berlusconi has sold 75% of Milan to a Chinese tycoon. Operation is worth more than €1B. wow
That lad on the left is the back up keeper for Stoke. It's rumoured that Bejovic might be leaving Stoke this summer, so they cancelled this lad's loan (don't ask me his name), extended his contract for four more years, and now, we wait
Idek if I like the Nike kit for England at all. Harry Kane looking like he bout to drop the mix tape of 2015
I... idek. Anyway, Jan might be leaving Spurs this summer
Kroos had some interesting things to say about the Spanish media the other day. About how they are as fickle as a weather vane. Oh, the shade
Johnny Kills (that's what they used to call him at Chelsea) got Manchester United's player of the month
TIL- Rooney calls him marijuana mata? I... idek
International week is over, football resumes this weekend... and I will be away. Sad times. Greizmann's hair gets blonder than ever
back in... training, you guise?
And... I'm out!
OP: that's it! Cheers, jeers, corrections and commentary pushback - you know the drill