Chatter from the sidelines
- "Cristiano Ronaldo should put a lid on his shows of arrogance" Santillana has words for Cristiano Ronaldo
- Cruyff: "It's fantastic to play poorly and win the game" Yeah, a lot of people are saying that Barcelona have moved on from the Guardiola era, in that they aren't only playing possession football, and a great deal of it is down to the introduction of Suarez. A bit of mala leche if you will
- Zidane soaks up Pep's methods
tl;dr: Zidane is doing the UEFA pro coaching licence, the highest qualification you can do (and need to do) before you can manage a big club. It's 240 hours and includes long distance learning, shadowing coaches, doing sports practices and protocols. Real Madrid fans were calling Zidane a traitor for linking up with Guardiola. I assure you, it's a demand of his course More on it here
- Radamel Falcao wants to LEAVE Man Utd with Liverpool, Chelsea and Juventus all interested Liverpool? On Falcao's wages and his performance? That will be silly
- Neymar deal hits €158m they're going to wish that they didn't pay for that alleged orgy for his manager...
- Michel Platini calls for European sports police to stamp out hooliganism Platini stood unopposed for UEFA President. Crap the bed. Oh, I have to say something about the article? He wants a European police force, thinks the bad days of ugly nationalism in the game is coming back to the fore
- Petr Cech tells Chelsea he wants to LEAVE this summer Baby ain't no lie, baby bye, bye, bye...
- 'Juventus target European dominance' okay
- Tavecchio: 'Refs have tough job' true
- Man Utd Ready To Table €25m Offer For Serie A Defender Finally, defenders are getting the spotlight! This is the fourth rumour I've heard re: defenders and the PL in just as many days
- Football - Greg Dyke: England may bid for Euro 2028, but 2026 World Cup hopes 'virtually nil' as long as Blatter is head of FIFA, the FA aren't interested. They might bid for Euro 2028, signalling somewhat of a thaw between the FA and UEFA, but we will seee
- Southampton defender Toby Alderweireld has admitted that the prospect of a move to Tottenham Hotspur would interest him. The Saints want to buy him, but if Tottenham come with a better offer, Atlétio de Madrid can buy out his contract from Saints for £1.5 million and sell him for more money. Alderweireld says that he wants to stay in the PL
- Tottenham ‘to demand £6m’ from Everton to make Aaron Lennon deal permanent that's not bad. He's gotten them a goal, made a defence to their defence, seems to like the team, and they seem to like him
- What impact will the FA's work permit changes have on foreign players in the Premier League? the best of the 'explain to me like I'm five' articles I've seen on this, and yeah, since the B league proposition was rejected, I can see why the FA went this way. It's strange that Plantini agrees with this, I am conflicted
- Manchester United given green light to make £36m move for Mats Hummels huh?
- Bale, Benzema and Ronaldo could cost Real Madrid the title
- Alessio Cerci recently admitted that joining Atletico Madrid from Torino last summer was a 'bad decision.' rumour has it that Simeone considered him lazy and not willing to suffer in training
- Could Lucien Favre be Pep Guardiola’s future Bayern replacement? With Guardiola being king of the road, Bayern are looking for other candidates to fill his shoes
Pictures- random selection
Rumoured to be England's new away kit. Plz let this be real
Before there was Neymar and Messi, there was Messi and Kun
Reus in NT training
England in training. Spurs are buzzing because they've gone from having nil players in the NT to four? PL sides are fuming because Hodgson might be giving some LFC players a rest and not theirs. But rumour has it that Hodgson and LFC don't get on. But he was a crap manager of the club, to be honest
Eric Dier withdrew from the England under 21s earlier this year to work on his positioning, speed, etc with Pochettino. People were shocked because once you pass, you never get back into the national team, so they say, but Dier is back
I linked an article to this yesterday. No snark here, RIP
Huh, Kaka would
Zidane (the black dude to the left, my memory is failing; id him, somebody! Not Makalele is it?) rocking around Bayern Munich's grounds
Is this Makalelé?
OP: done! Waiting on the gossip re: LewanMunichsomething from our own ananasonastick. Any cheers, jeers or pushback you know the drill. Bye