Chatter from the sidelines
- Who said it: Jose Mourinho or Napoleon Bonaparte? LOL, fun quiz, go do it and come back
- Jose Mourinho: I am in a league of my own in England - no other Premier League manager can compare My partner said it best-- Jose Mourinho has the swag and mentality of a gangsta rapper - we were just bowled over by his languages, and swarthy charm and arrogance, but really, he can throw down dem verses y'all. He's spitting fire on wax, and needs to put ish over some beats. MVP, no assists, the rest of the PL managers are thots, Sky sports haters, they hate us because they anus. He's flossing his silverware - "last week I won my trophy because two years without one felt like twenty," he said. Yass Mourinho, going HAM on all the nonbelievers. He's planking on his PL first place, you can't tell him nothing. Ball so hard FA gotta fine me...#therebehaters
Jose Mourinho: all about the
benjamins- trophies. Cover for his upcoming release
- Ray Hudson on Real Madrid's supporters speaking of throwing down words like hot fire... Hudson held forth
- Serie A - Roberto Mancini: 'Yaya Toure is like a son to me' when Yaya is on his day, he's unplayable. Today was not it though
- Marco Verratti won't make Serie 'A' move serie A can't afford him.
- Jamie Carragher: There is life after Steven Gerrard... but Liverpool must stop buying for the future I do try to keep the LFC news to a minimum, but I'm putting this here because I found it interesting how a club's philosophy operates.
- Report: MLS coming to Mpls. along with a new stadium MLS is still expanding its franchises, Minnesota is getting one! I... don't know what that means either. I mean, they already have twenty teams, how many teams do you need- especially since you don't promote or relega---
- Foreign soccer stars no longer putting down MLS players like the lifestyle and the fact that you can go places without being mobbed.
- How have we sunk this low? A player was jailed in America for killing a referee who tried to send him off, so let's stop making excuses for behaviour that stains football
in Rugby, the referees are miked up, and only captains of the teams are allowed to approach him and they have to call him sir. Probably we could introduce this to football?
Crystal Palace 3- 1 QPR
I'm not going to dwell on this match. The QPR coach has been given a basket to carry water, in that after Harry Redknapp has wrecked the club, he has to patch it up
QPR did this wonder volley, I saw it and dropped a stitch on my knitting. Still in relegation battle though
</b>Arsenal 3- 0 West Ham</b>
Adrian was working in the first half. I didn't watch the match but saw commentary on my twitter TL.
Blocking! Adrian played with a dislocated finger- doesn't West Ham have a second?
Theodore Walcot - the lad over in the left- has new contract negotiations and Wegner is girding his loins for it. No shade to Walcott but - he's been mostly injured? As soon as he gets up to speed, BOOM, he's on the sidelines. Arsenal will be in the driving seat here
Arsenal happy. I feel sorry for West Ham because they're having problems. Moving on!
Leicester City 0 -0 Hull
Hull got a red, Leicester had an extra man, didn't work out
I like this picture. Arial challenge!
Sunderland 0-4 Aston Villa
Sunderland's fortunes go from bad to worse.
The Sunderland fans wanted to storm their coach's dugout, and had to be stopped by security. That's... the match really
West Brom 1- 0 Stoke City
Stoke was on a good run, got their streak broken
Everyone was kung fu fighting...
Burnley 1 - 0 Manchester City
This is the face of man who knows that things aren't working and they have Barcelona this Wednesday
GPOY, Navas. GPOY. This is me. What the hell is going on over there at Citeh? Oh, um. Match pictures instead of reaction ones, um. Yeah
This goal by Burnley was Kompany's fault. He's not marking people, and they're slipping by him and this happens
This match is important for reasons- if City won, they'd close the gap to Chelsea, if Burnley won, they're in a shout of staying in the PL. Burnley had pace, depth and good old fashioned defending! What a concept
I dig their ombre kit. This is the second year they've done ombre, iirc. I prefer last season's
Espanyol 0-0 Atletico Madrid
Video of the match - a summary
Espanyol hosted Atlético de Madrid. It's the other Catalan club- that lives in the shadow of Barcelona.
Both teams needed a win- for Atlético, it would be them being within a shout of the title race.
Torres was in the starting XI, had a decent shot at goal (his confidence has improved, I'll say that), and came off a minute before half time. The match was rough and tumble, Espanyol giving as good as they got, but Atléti- it would be Atléti if tempers didn't flare
A red card to match your kit! You're welcome, Miranda
Eibar 0-2 Barcelona
Messi has overtaken Ronaldo for leading penalty goal scorer
Eibar has now lost eight games in a row, their fairy tale story might have a gruesome ending - original fairy tale pre Brothers Grimm stylie. But the love story of Neymar and Messi continues. Ahhh
Werder 0 - 4 Bayern
My only interest in the match is this-
Summer signing Pepe Reina came in to make his Bundesliga debut, becoming the first goalkeeper in history to appear in the top division of Germany, Spain, Italy and England. Yayyy Pepe!
Neuer needed a break said Guardiola, so Pepe got in between the sticks! Awesome. We move on
People are going to ask me about this guy so here's a picture sans face.
Dortmund 0-0 Köln
This is how it ends
The match wasn't good, not good enough for me to go rousting up pictures anyway
Palermo 0 -1 Juventus
Can't hear you over the sound of my awesome!
Morata is linked to a few PL clubs, but he should stay where he is. Good team, CL places, yeah, chill boo
Chicago Fire 0-1 White Caps FC</b>
Octavio Rivera got the only goal, the late goal, and Chicago Fire leave with three points
Columbus Crew 2- 0 Toronto FC
Something something red card. But I gather that Toronto FC is not that great anyway
OP: and done! Thought I'd get this up and out of the way because I'm going to be away for a while- I need to finish writing a Spanish essay about um... perfumery. Idek either, but yeah, any broken links, misinformation leave comment below. Will fix it promise. Night! Or Morning!