Chatter from the sidelines
- Salah success a sign Serie A is failing - Balbo there's a lot of chicken littling going on
- Premier League to lose Champions League spot? Coefficients explained... interesting article, tl;dr - EPL has only had 4 spots since 2002 due to the calculation of coefficient (points gained by places that the PL's eked out over the years), but with English teams being knocked out in earlier stages, the coefficients will be reviewed, and PL will only get three places instead of four if things continue as they are. Italy will get the fourth place year after next if these results are the same next season (their teams have been doing well!). So instead of the fight for the 'top four' places that seems to be the byword since 2002, it might soon be fight for the top three! Although, to hear some Man City supporters grouse, they pretty much loathe UEFA and the hoops you have to go through to participate in the CL, not to mention the same draws for the same times year in year out (so supporters are over the CL games because hell, Barcelona and Bayern Munich again?) that sort of thing. It doesn't help that up until recently the Europa purse has been crap, and you pretty much get more money from the domestic EPL than what you get from Europa (one of the reasons why Newcastle have passed on Europa competitions in recent years, it costs more money to participate in Europa than what you get out of it- until recently?), hence the whole CL place as carrot. It's been an interesting bit of arguments over in the internet, I'll say that. Everton might be our only hope for keeping the top four places due to coefficient hahahaha. Especially since the best players want to play in Champions League alarms are ringing all over the place (does anyone read these musings - I pretty much put it there for context and such)
- Struggling Premier League at risk of LOSING fourth European qualifying spot this article explains it better than I did, darn it. You see, Mourinho was saying this, but then he decided to go full on troll in the press conference (around the Capital Cup final) and the point was lost.
- WATCH: Gerrard and Carragher pick Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal heroes for All-Star game if you have six minutes, and can understand Scouse (ha) watch this video. It's really worth your time. Carra is a wit and Gerrard is all, "I'll run for Xabi if he can't run." Mate just...</3>
- Real Madrid president Florentino Perez calls emergency press conference and declares: Carlo Ancelotti is going NOWHERE (and Gareth Bale is one of the world's best) Flo Peezy says it's all good, no need to worry, Madristas
- Sid Lowe's take on it Right chaps, if he lets Ancelotti go, who the hell will be in the hot seat next season? If Bale comes back to England and plays for Man United, I’m going to fight someone
- Radamel Falcao leaves Manchester United training after sources reveal striker realises he has no long-term future at the club
To sum up Falcao's career so far- FML. With the third party contract he had, he had to move from pillar to post, always the CL bridesmaid, never the bride. Blew his World Cup chance with his injury, James shines, goes to Real Madrid (the club Falcao coveted). Finally gets out from under the thumb of the third party contract, hopes to settle at United, but his injuries have proven to be too much in the end, and now, he goes forth, the football nomad
- Chelsea ready to make fresh move for Real Madrid centre-back Raphael Varane after Champions League exit This speculation isn't too left field, Mourinho has long been an admirer
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil carries a personal grooming kit to every game while Olivier Giroud says David Beckham is his fashion icon as Gunners players show off new suits
for the arsenal fans
Hey, have you heard the rumour re: Sanchez and his ex girlfriend - and how he made his friends tape them while they were having relations? Or am I wrong?
Did you know Europa had a theme song? It sounds like an 80s soundtrack - Flash Gordon, or The Neverending Story Y/Y?
Cool illustration re: top teams in their respective leagues in Europe. Cool eh?
Albero Moreno is in love with his bull terrier, Ali. I'm digging his sleeve, he finally got the ink done. I wonder if he'll fill it in?
Chelsea got teased in social media. Man, it's as if everyone decided to hate on Chelsea that day.
Bwahahahaha, I can't deal
LOL, seriously, I'm more neutral towards Chelsea than I should be, but I'm LOL'ing right now
LOL, all right, enough.
Everton 2- 1 Dynamo Kiev
In light of the news that the EPL is in danger of losing their 4th place in the CL to Italy - one club can change our fortunes.
I know, it will be hard for you and your merry band of brothers, Luke Garbott, but you are our only hope
It's time for Lukkakululululu to show that he's ready for a big club
For Martinez to show that he can steady the till of the ship
Go forth, and rend defences asunder, score goals
To battle, to fight
Every match, now a final
For Harry, England and St George, chaps! To gakk a quote from Spurs - (I know) to dare is to do, lads
Napoli 3- 1 Dinavo Moska
match thread here- you don't really get much of pictures and the such
Like an eight ball, Napoli came up from behind, from one down to a great upset
Higuan helped his team over the hump
Fiorentina 1 -1 Roma
Match report Keita heads charge as Roma thwart Fiorentina
What a kick. When it comes to pictures, Europea League is pants. If you have time and want to start clicking through the pictures look here
Wolfsburg 3 - 1 Inter milan
Inter Milan's fashionable kit
Villareal 1 - 3 Sevilla
Joel Campbell finds himself back in La Liga with Villareal
Villareal drew first blood, iirc?
Sevilla triumphed, the only away side to do so
Well done, Sevilla!
Dnipro 1 vs 0 Ajax
With the exception of Villareal, all the home sides won their matches
Dnipro scored the only goal 30 mins into the match
Frank de Boer had a bad day at the office, but look at that coat though!
I'm still frowning at this picture. What?
Club Brugge 2 -1 Besiktas - match report here
Say ba ba?
Rafelov scored a penalty
Champions League spot- here we come?
OP: and done! Any pushback, commentary et al will have to be dealt with later, I’m afraid (but please flag ‘em, I do attend to them when I have time).