Chatter from the sidelines
- Reduce Serie A to 18 teams I think I posted this before? I will post it again. The PL might want to do that too, tbh.
- Serie A: Rafael Benitez hints at Napoli extension he has no offers from elsewhere so he might stay? Last I'm reporting on this until they short themselves out
- Juventus Sweating On Pirlo’s Fitness Ahead Of Dortmund Trip *sweats*
- Preparing for life after Man City? - Pellegrini agent admits Napoli interest Okay, so who will be the new coach for City
- Barclay's Asia Trophy in Singapore Arsenal, Everton and Stoke
- Juanfran still believes in title chances
it's good to believe
- Guardiola’s Bayern can repeat Heynckes’ 2013 treble - Tymoshchuk to be sure
- Pep Guardiola's big problem: How Bayern's domestic dominance is a danger in Europe they'll be fine, the concern trolling is pretty annoying
- Gareth Bale was called an 'a******e' by Real Madrid fans as he left Bernabeu following defeat by Schalke in the Champions League Please don’t come back to England. Just stay at Real Madrid, suck it up, and while you’re at it, less bulk. That being said, “Male Prostitute Welshman” as an insult? Seriously?
- Liverpool news: Hillsborough police chief admits 'terrible lie' This makes me unspeakably angry for a lot of reasons.
Bayern Munich 7 - 0 Shakhtar
Nothing much to say about this match, really. Shakhtar came, saw, and got conquered
That being said, respect to Shakhtar, because Ukraine isn't the most stable of places to be doing anything right now, much less playing football. So I'll try and get pictures of them
It will be hard going, tbh. Bayern Munich are the darlings right now, and most bookies bet to sweep up the Champions League
Shakhtar's defending was a mess. They might have been better sending cardboard cut outs to be honest.
Oleksander Kucher got a red card for felling Mario Götze. He also got the key to my heart. I'll be your black Kate Moss tonight, Kucher!
Holger Badstuber was happy. Like the headlines - seven up!
That was a mauling. Here's to you, Shakhtar. You showed up, you've made it this far despite what's going on back in the Ukraine. Best of luck to you, and hope to see you here next year
Chelsea 3- 3 Paris Saint German : due to aggregate and the fact that PSG scored two goals away they go through to the next round. Don't you love football math? :D
This game was a hot mess. A hot ass mess. Chelsea should be ashamed of themselves, and I'm glad that they didn't get through, because they didn't deserve to, and I ain't trying to hear BS about "Baww, no English teams are in Europe and CL." No, no, the CL can sit on a burning bush and swivel if we have to play like this to get there. If Chelsea had gone through like this, I'd be hissing every time I heard their name. As usual, I get ahead of myself
The story begins, like all good stories, with drama. A curly haired chap named David Luiz, who wore the blue of Chelsea, got exiled to PSG by the Wizard of Stamford Bridge, Jose Mourinho
The villain of this piece
Like all good heroes, Luiz travelled with a pose - well, if it worked for Jesus... Y/Y?
Chelsea, the last English team standing. Mourinho the Shrewd, if anyone would get to Europe and CL, he could
The match begins! Interpretive dance provided by Hazard and Marquinhos. The amount of Brazilians in PSG is something. I have some gossip about this team, hopefully I'll remember
Zlatan was in beast mode
Did a challenge on Oscar, who proceeded to make a meal of it, the rest of the Chelsea players added their voices to the chorus
Zlatan sees red for the 13th time in his career. One of Luiz's circle goes down, oh no!
The game was ugly, cynical and bumpy. Players in each other's faces, I expected a brawl to be honest
I forget that the Beckhams now live in London. I also forget that Beckham used to play for PSG
Cavani missed! Courtois was on point though. Cavani is attached to Atlético Madrid- I can't see that working out
Get it together, lad! But you have to understand, PSG down to 10 men, no goals, it was a vexing time
Cavani trudges off, spirits crushed
Costa, being the USDA prime culo that he is, roughs up players when the referee's not around. The referee had a poor game in truth
Ever so dainty, Cahill scores the first goal. You think that would have been the start of it, eh? That Chelsea would have literally kicked on? You wish
Luiz, knowing something about destiny, and whatnot got one for the visitors on his old stomping ground
Hazard got a penalty and scored for Chelsea! In the first five minutes of extra time. Woot!
Costa got denied a penalty- pounded the ground as if throwing a tantrum
Just a mess all around. Silva did a handball, then got a goal, thus kicking Chelsea out of the competition. To be fair, Chelsea didn’t deserve it. The diving, the cynicism. I know that Gary Neville considered it shrewd, since the continental players are famous for that, but gahhh, the gamesmanship left a bitter taste in my mouth. Terrible, the whole thing.
OP: and done. Are the pictures too much? Shall we stick to probably five pictures per topic next time? Normally, if there are loads of matches, I try for an average of four for each match, but there were only two matches and I had some time. Right, on the road, doing errands and whatnot. I will not be around - so pushback, commentary, corrections et al will have to wait, yes? Cheers!