Chatter from the sidelines
- Juventus not giving up on Tevez stay, insists Marotta Tevez wants to return home, if I hear right?
- Mohamed Salah voted best Serie A January signing, Lukas Podolski voted worst Yay and nay. Comparisons are atrocious but they are necessary
- Rafa Benitiz ‘rejects Napoli contract offer as he is dreaming of a return to Liverpool’ hmmm, interesting
- Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City: Gylfi Sigurdsson ready to show boys from White Hart Lane what they're missing another pair of clubs with a 'special relationship', they keep swapping players
- What do Swansea City need to do to qualify for Europe? Your guide to a complicated scenario and I thought that knitter's math was hard, this is ridiculous
- Liverpool owe Steven Gerrard but not a top 4 finish and that is the gospel truth
- J league guide on reddit if European leagues aren't your thing and you want to try something else for a change
- Real's La Liga stumble promises mouthwatering 'Clasico' Mmmmaybe. I'm an agnostic though
- Pep Guardiola involved in car crash in Munich after his Audi fails to stop Oh
- Pep Guardiola and Carlo Ancelotti join Diego Simeone on Man City shortlist fair enough. Pellegrini's lasted longer than many people thought he would. I can't see any of the managers coming this way. Simeone is golden handcuffed, Ancelotti has intimated that he'd like to see out the Real Madrid contract and then retire. Guardiola is probably eyeing somewhere in the Middle East after this stint in Europe. Probably.
- Wir müssen wechseln. Gute Besserung, @woodyinho! // Reus has to be subbed. Get well soon, boy! #sgebvb 0-0
Auba is vexed
Reus, I hope you're saving your money and looking at alternate means of income (and yeah, getting a licence will be good too). Your career is being mothballed by injuries
I assume that Immobile scored? Sorry, I haven't been watching much matches. I'm trying to do as much Spanish speaking as I can for reasons, and the people I speak with are only available during the times of football matches! :S
I can't say that I dig the white kit
*looks at kit for a long time* Nope, can't see it
Tin Tin in action- an increasingly rare sight
Okay, done. I really don't like this kit. Thank you for allowing me to work through my feelings of conflict. I have a feeling if I'm going to be following Dortmund I might need to learn German, because the English sources are a bit too Bayern Munich focused for the likes of me
Aston Villa 2-1 West Brom
Tim Sherwood's first win
Well, Sherwood is many things, but not boring.
Benatake scored a goal! Is the drought over?!
Hull 1- 1 Sunderland
The most exciting thing about the match was that the managers allegedly got into a scuffle
Yayy. Right. Moving on
Southampton 1- 0 Crystal Palace
Mané scored the Saints first goal since New Year's day
Southampton need top 4 (or hell, probably top six) to see European competition. The Saints have the best defence sheets in the league, but they haven't been scoring goals
Zaha be trying it. NGL, Crystal Palace have the ugliest kit in the league
OP: These are pictures I had in mind for various posts, but due to reasons (time, appropriateness due to the themes I try to construct in the posts - what? You think I just slapdash them together! Well, it might look like that, but I try to have some organisation in there. Somewhere) these didn't get posted. So, have at them now.
Rena watching LFC and now realising - he wants to be a goalie again to try and save those balls
I'll say this about Alberto Moreno. He seems to be a lad that can grow where he's planted. Grew up in Sevilla, loved it, was broken hearted when he came to LFC- and look at him now! He's always the first to get to his teammates when they score a goal, always works hard, and is progressing. He's seen a LOT of first team action, isn't overawed by the pace of the league (he's gotten over it) and *knock on wood* doesn't seem to be susceptible to injuries. Good egg
Eriksen and Davies in suits on the day of the Cup Final. From what I understand, everyone was suited up with the ceremony before, taking pictures and whatnot, before changing into their kit. Looking sharp as a punch, Eriksen!
Pochettino forgets that he's wearing suit and shoes. You know that he still plays the game in his head, like most coaches do
A series of pictures I'll like to call Sad Mauricio
I liked this one.
And this one! Normally, Pochettino tends to either look very stoic or very prickly on the sidelines. For him to look like this, deep disappointment, is a wonder. Out of everyone on the team, Hugo Lloris is the only one who's ever seen a Cup Final. Gossip about Pochettino- he's turned down all offers of Southampton graduates as he's looking to promote to first team academy prospects from Spurs own academy. The Saints are said to be bemused. More on that anon.
Vertonghen fixing to drop the blue eyed soul mixtape of 2015
The day before the LFC match, Kolo Toure posted this on his IG account?
*still side eyeing Dortmund's third kit. This is a kit you wear when the other kits are dirty kit. Like the emergency underwear Y/Y?*
OP: done! Sorry that the pictures are few, but I tried, at least? Anyway, if you're reading this, let's play a game! I want you all to come up with the most plausible transfer rumours that you can. Because I think this comm writes better copy than the nonsense (nonsense!) that I'm seeing in my feeds. It's like bleeding fanfic out there, y'all. Then, after you've done that, I'm going to track Metro and The Express for a while, for reasons. It doesn't matter which league, hit me (actually, the stranger the league, the better- Hull signed an African player from Zenit so... you know. Go wild. Throw managers in there for a gold star too).