Chatter from the sidelines
Europa cup teams in the quarter finals
- Police on alert as Dutch fans plan to travel to Glasgow for Celtic clash with AberdeenOy Image going around on social media
- Has LvG lost his way at Manchester United? trying to search for an identity. Aren't we all
- Chinese babies should be trained to play football - President Xi Interesting!
- FA backing video assistance for referees They need more votes. The Americans want a visible clock instead of having to wait on the referee's whistle - which is interesting. In football, we say you play to the whistle, but I get what they mean
- Pirlo out for three weeks due to calf strain
- Chinese Super League Has Outspent Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga in 2015 Window Interesting! You don't really hear much about the Chinese Super League, but they seem to have that money. I think Drogba played in China for sometime
- Freddie Adu is still alive? Yep, might be moving to a Swedish club. Link in Swedish
- La Liga suffers if third-party ownership banned - official
Atlético Madrid get a fair bit of their squad in this way. As much as they are the third richest side in La Liga, half of the money gained from transfers has to go to the tax man, as far as I understand
- La Liga may close part of Real Betis ground after pro-violence chants The chants support violence against women, it's claimed
- Guardiola: "If you win 6-0 it is hard to learn" the definition of a humble brag
- Christian Eriksen's secret to his Tottenham Hotspur success? He never stops improving good article
- Scale of Racism in Cup Host Russia a Threat, Report Says You don't say! But people are saying that its fear mongering, so who's to say?
Everyone is wearing the Canadian tuxedo
I find this unsettling
BVB vs S04 today
I didn't realise that Aubameyang had such a big tattoo
LOL at his Spiderman mask. Whatever makes you happy, boo boo
Bayern Munich 4- 1 Köln
Guardiola had warm congratulations for Neuer
Schweinstieger played the match over Alonso. Makes sense, he's the captain.
Bayern Munich celebrated its 115th birthday with fanfare around the blogs, which was strange to me. What's special about 115 as a number (is it because it's a number that's divisible by five like most special anniversary numbers are? Like 10, 15, 30, etc?)
Some Bayern fans were mad that Köln scored on their 115th anniversary. My face was like this :S - Köln has their own designs on a place in the table, surely? Why shouldn't they score?
I tried to get a picture with the banner in the background because it looked impressive when I first saw the match (but peaced out) I fail
Guardiola WILL have Schweinsteiger and Alonso playing well TOGETHER no matter what happens. Is it working?
OP: done. Not much news (apart from FIFA and Qatar and I'm all fed up about that, tbh), and the narratives around the teams playing this weekend are the same old same old. Right, any broken links, commentary push back, etc, post and I'll amend when I can.