chatter from the sidelines
- Marco Reus: "I want to win the Bundesliga with Dortmund" I hope you can do! Best wishes
- Gundogan to extend contract with Dortmund link in German
- Ancelotti and Casillas break records and create landmarks with Real Madrid Ancelotti's 100th game, won 78/100 matches, breaking Mourinho's record. Casillas had his 500th match appearance in Real Madrid's colours
- Liverpool heroes Luis Suarez, Fernando Torres and Xabi Alonso to honour Steven Gerrard at Anfield testimonial In a case of I'll believe it when I see it, Gerrard has invited his past teammates whom he really liked (Suárez, Torres, Alonso, amongst others) to see him off. If that's the case you better not come back on loan or whatever, Steven (I don't think so, tbh. He seems to have checked out already).
- Liverpool not singing Blog post. To be honest, the middle class (aka the prawn brigade) have ruined everything. They don't want to sing, only pose and take selfies, the best songs are down at the pub! The young and the working class are priced out, and the lack of standing terraces don't help. Not to mention the spiralling costs of season tickets and families unable to go as much as before. It's a recurring problem in the PL, and with the £5.1 billion windfall, it really shouldn't be, especially since clubs like Chelsea and LFC make less than 20% a year from the ticket offerings
- Napoli and Roma eye Liverpool transfer target and Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech I think Cech would go abroad than play against his old team
- Burnley troll Chelsea by naming Ashley Barnes as Man of the Match during Jose Mourinho rant I'm two minds about this, because Barnes was rash and almost broke Matic's leg, but on the other hand since Mourinho was given 30 mins on Sky to vent and rant about the campaign against Chelsea, I can only say banter.
Mourinho batting for truth, justice and... well, Mourinho
- How Borussia Dortmund Will Try to Carry Newfound Momentum into Juventus Clash what say you?
- Arsenal on alert as Pedro gives Barcelona transfer warning First Busquets saying that he could be 'comfortable' in the English game, and now this?
- Exclusive - Liverpool defender 'disrespected' Southampton, claims Saints legend
Lovern and Lallana left Southampton under a cloud. I can understand why people were butt hurt over Lovern (he's been crap for LFC who paid £25 million for him, so that's a laugh at LFC's expense, Southampton), but Lallana? He stayed with Southampton through their champions League 1 up to PL (even through the hiccoughs when they were relegated before they charged through the CL and back to the PL) when Ox, Walcott and Bale moved on. I thought their reaction to him was a bit harsh
- Serie A Side Parma ‘Dissolved’ and Relegated to Serie B sad times. Does anyone have a spare €197 million?
- Simeone: Valencia, Sevilla and Atléti make La Liga more competitive Can you imagine if all the Spanish clubs had equal access/TV rights and money?
Argentina's kit for Copa America 2015. Instead of the black stripes like they had in WC 2015, they now have the white stripes.
In light of the news that Steven Gerrard has invited his friends in the game for his last match at Anfield, this tweet pops up by Alonso and Reina, both chilling at Bayern (more Reina than Alonso, to be fair. Alonso be on that pitch working). Nice usage of social media
Alberto Moreno's English is getting better. Now here's a lad who knows how to social media. The first thing he did on coming to LFC was to set up an IG account, and look at him now
Varane on his way to the Elche vs Real Madrid match up. Elche lost 0-2.
Real Sociedad 4- 3 Sevilla
Xabi Prieto cinched the winning goal in injury time to make it 4-3 for Real Sociedad
No pictures of the game. Huh. Pictures or it didn't happen, mates
Highlights of the game. Real Sociedad have moved out of the red zone into a respectable 10th place. Moyes seems to have stopped the rot on the side
Elche 0 -2 Real Madrid
This tackle happened
Silva already clocking more play time than Illarramendi...
Ronaldo scored, now the third highest scoring player in La Liga. So it's been a landmark match for Real Madrid for a lot of reasons.
Kareem sent a shout out to Casillas
Isco hailed as the player of the future, dazzled like a disco ball, got a standing ovation
Casillas celebrating his 500th match with the club- busman's holiday! The rest of the pictures are of Ronaldo and Bale. Nope.
AC Milan 2- 0 Cesena
Giacomo Bonaventura, center, celebrates with his teammates Andrea Poli, left, and Mattia Destro having broke the deadlock for AC Milan this afternoon (Picture: AP Photo)
Giacomo Bonaventura opened Milan's account in the 22nd minute. No more match pictures, why?
One of the few kits that the Adidas stripe works with
Keisuke Honda !
West Ham 2- 2 Spurs
Exciting match. West Ham smothered Spurs' press and initiated their own
Kane was smothered, not given any space to move.
Arial challenges galore. West Ham was up two, and Tottenham started clawing back 70 mins into the game
Spurs' defence failed them again, Lloris was making saves left and right
There was a set to with some rough tumbling. Vertonghen not pleased
Everton 2- 2 Leicester City
The toffees hosted the Foxes yesterday. It's a game that both needed to win
The Foxes were on fire
Everton weren't small shakes either
Kramaric's introduction to English football must be dazzling. He's in a side fighting relegation, every match is survival. He's getting more play time than he would at Chelsea (I'm sure Chelsea wanted this lad, but he wanted first team minutes)
In the end, both teams had to settle for a point.
Southampton 0-2 Liverpool
The Saints weren't pleased with Lallana and boo'd him for the length of time that he was on the pitch. He didn't perform well, tbh, and was yanked off
Southampton needed goals so they sent out Mané. Awesome lad, Senegalese national, has launched some screamers in his short time in the PL. In the same breath, we sent out Alberto Moreno as a sub. I gotta say, when Moreno came out, our defence felt tighter. A lot more sound.
gif of Coutinho's goal. Screamer!
Posting the picture because I like the composition. Man, that match. Southampton should have gotten a penalty, Mignolet had a controversy in that people thought he should have been sent off for handling the ball outside the box, etc. To be honest, Southampton have a great defence, but they haven't won at their home ground since the first week in January, and their goal scorers seem to have fallen off form. This will run and run
OP: right. Done. Any broken images, push back, comment, leave in comments and I will react as is appropriate. I might be away from this part of the world for the rest of the day, will do the CL matches this week