Chatter from the sidelines
OP: The transfer window closes today, so keep an eye or ear out for surprises
- Transfer round-up: Man Utd in double swoop, Arsenal to sign Illarramendi this link keeps updating with rumours and such
- Nottingham Forest appoint Dougie Freedman after sacking former Man City boss Stuart Pearce any Championship league followers here apart from me? Holler at your lass. Oy, Forest was doing so well too, talk of them coming back to the PL before the spate of losses. I'm a local lass, hold me. That being said, the owner is like the Spurs Levy, he's quick to get red of coaches
- Atletico Madrid consider reporting PSG to FIFA for contacting Diego Simeone
that's poaching, right? Tbh, with all the prima donnas at PSG, I couldn't see Simeone getting on with that lot at all. He demands commitment and total buy into his ideas. Can you imagine Ibra or Cavani or Lavezzi under that rule?
- Stoke eye transfer of Tottenham's Emmanuel Adebayor for a reunion with boss Mark Hughes Adebayor is on some stupid wages, NGL.
- Man United face having to accept David de Gea buy-out clause to get him to sign new deal still developing, watch this space
- Questions arise about the growth of foreign ownership in US soccer
in order to form a soccer club in the MLS, you need to pay $100 million dollars for a franchise. How many average Americans have that?
- Giovinco early Toronto arrival confirmation: RT @Adz77: Allegri confirms Giovinco will terminate his contract & move to #TFC on Monday tweet confirmation
- Transfer deadline day: 10 ways to get a good deal for the aspiring agents out there. Career advice
- How could FIFA Allow Australia to be Champions of Two Continents summary: Australia decided to leave Oceania, because the winner of that would have to play a South American team in order to get into the World Cup. They came to the weaker Asia, so they'd have a chance, and FIFA gave them that. Countries like Qatar and Iran want Australia to GTFO, but Australia argues that Oceania is slighted by FIFA because the quality is weak, and it's not their fault if Asian countries like Iran, Qatar and co can't hang/play. Lots of politics
Southampton 0 -1 Swansea City
Shelvy, back from a four match suspension, was on the field.
Southampton had about 86% possession, seven corners, and pressured the visitors
Kyle Naughton, formerly of Spurs, is now with Swansea City for first team minutes. Elia played a good game, NGL. Everyone is expecting him to go off the rails like he's done since 2010, but he's been on his best behaviour on and off pitch (Southampton lad with the perm)
Ashely Williams (Swansea City skipper) was a beast. Defended like woah. Blocked an attempt by Mane at goal when the goalie was so far out of his box
Betrand got a red card for a reckless challenge. Then he went over to the sidelines and started to berate Gary Monk, the Swansea City manager. Then Koeman got in on the press conference whinging (like the Dutch coaches do over here, whinge) about the fact that it wasn't a red card. Dude, two footed, studs up, the lad had to be stretchered off. What would you call it?
Shelvy launched a screamer past the goalie. This picture doesn't do it justice. He was a little outside the box, and clattered it in the back of the net
Arsenal 5- 0 Aston Villa
Didn't watch the game b/c I knew it would be a mauling. Villa hasn't scored in the last ten hours of open play, so no one expected differently here. Ozil scored, got man of the match
Alexis Sanchez wishes he were there so he could have scored
Did this lad Hector score? Yeah, it was that kind of a match. It sounded like a mauling to me
He speaks English? And can write it? Well done
I used to only watch Spanish commentary on La Liga, but now, I listen to Ray Hudson. His lyrics about Messi and Neymar are as descriptive as the best fanfic out there
According to Ray, Messi has more moves than a grand chessmaster, and he and Neymar make beautiful music together. I just... yeah
“Neymar and Messi are like Lennon and McCartney, and well Rafinha is George Harrison in this play” - Ray Hudson
Suarez did some excellent assists, made space for the other lads to score. So he's not the goal scoring machine, but he helps in other ways
That being said, Villareal weren't mugs. They brought it for this match. They were fast paced, good tackling, etc
This reminds me, I need to get one of these strips before they bring in the hoops next season. I really dig this strip, one of the better Barca designed ones.
Even with the big clubs, it's really hard to get pictures of Serie A matches. When they say it's like tap water they aren't kidding
Sussuolo 3- 1 Intermilan
That being said, the Inter kits are some of the best around this season. Mercy
Interesting gossip around Shaqiri- Bayern supposedly sent him to Inter 'as a favor'. No, I don't know what that means
Juventus drew. They didn't extend their lead