Martin Odegaard expected to announce his move to Real Madrid in coming days
Only sixteen, but Real Madrid's teenage sensation. Sixteen candles and Real Madrid's heart will glow/for they'll love him so
Real Madrid to give Martin Odegaard's dad a job to seal deal for wonderkid
As has been reported in Spain and on Eurosport.com for several weeks now, Norwegian wonderkid Martin Odegaard will join Real Madrid now that the two sides have finally agreed terms.
All that remains is for Los Galacticos to agree a fee with Strømsgodset, with Norwegian publication dt.no reporting that negotiations will begin on Monday evening or Tuesday morning.
Odegaard says YES to Real Madrid. pic.twitter.com/bGcnlZgWkE
— Managing Madrid (@managingmadrid) January 19, 2015
Something they and several other local sources are claiming, however, is that amidst the agreed personal terms is the proviso that Odegaard’s father, Hans Erik, will also join the club in a coaching capacity.
Ødegaard will train with the first team and play for Castilla. His father Hans Erik has been offered a job as youth team coach. #cmore
— Vegard Fl. Vaagbo (@VegardFV) January 19, 2015
The Odegaard family appear to have been favouring a summer move at first, but have finally decided to shift from Scandinavia to Spain as soon as possible. A villa is ready and waiting for father and son in the nation’s capital. good overview here
Links to the news on this wunderkinder and Real Madrid
this paper (Norwegian, sorry) has all the details. Guardian broke the news - scroll down Bleacher Report is surprisingly comprehensive!
Gossip about the move : It seems that Bayern Munich really wanted him (they referred to him as a 'bride' and how they wanted to be his groom and ick, hella creepy, guys), and offered him more money, but Real Madrid won out because his father got offered a job. The father supposedly has his coaching badges, so it's not an offer out of the blue. Arsenal was supposedly close in terms of offering playing time 'soon', but Odegaard went all Veruca Salt and wanted playing time now! So... he'll be playing for Real Madrid's Castille B (?) before coming into the first team. His team number is supposed to be 16. Since Odegaard is now 16 and Norway part of the European trading block (not a part of the EU, but the EEA? Hit me with a clue by four, somebody) he turning sixteen in December was a BFD, and why the Odegaards could pull the trigger so soon. You got the feeling that the Odegaards were impatiently waiting in the starting blocks! Real Madrid has the upper hand re: contract negotiations with Odegaard's current club, because Odegaard's arrangement with the club finishes in December. Real Madrid tend to be efficient when it comes to these things. Ajax wasn't a part of the consideration, at the end of the day it came down to four clubs: Real Madrid, Arsenal, Bayern and Liverpool. That's all I have re: this kid.
Chatter from the sidelines
- The Real Madrid boss says his first European title as a head coach was a career highlight after being inducted into Italy's Hall of Fame read more Here's a link in Spanish on the RM page on the Real Madrid website
- 99 PER CENT of Man United fans would prefer to keep David De Gea than sign Gareth Bale D'uh
Bundesliga's dedication to Malada
- Parma inquire about loan option for Mario Balotelli. Pazzini is another option.the gossip is that Balotelli wants to stay in England? Idek, tune in next time.
- A nice article about Phillipe Coutinho Came to Inter, bought by Mourinho, but didn't get much of a look in by Rafa. Developed under Pochettino, Came to England and under Rodgers has thrived with first team minutes. Got called to the Brazilian NT on the strength of his last season at LFC
- AC Milan sell their team bus to cut costs [La Repubblica] austerity hits us all. So I guess everyone will carpool, then?
- Mats Hummels: "I don't necessarily have to play in the Champions League to be happy." say it with me, ahhhhh
- Chinese billionaire invests €45 million in Atletico Madrid, has 20% shares link in Spanish, sorry
- Simeone: If Atlético continues to grow, I won't go Good on him. With investment in the club (and them not having to sell their best players), Atlético Madrid can only get better. I see you Simeone, rocking it like a Spanish sir Alex Ferguson. But a sabbatical might still be good, boo. I hear that you walk out of movies because you'll get a flash of inspiration for tatics
- Cryuff says that Ronaldo getting the Ballon D'Or is stuff and nonsense. Kroos should get it instead because of his work at Bayern and German's fortune in the World Cup, whereas Ronaldo was MIA at the World Cup (liberal translation from Dutch->Spanish->me so read at your own risk!)</a>
- Samuel Eto’o on verge of joining Sampdoria from Everton he's outta here! His family live in Milan (still) and he's been offered a socio managerial role after his career, hence the 40% he's taken in pay
- Wolfsburg make £23m move for Andre Schurrle as club look to beat Borussia Dortmund to Chelsea forward's signature at the rate they're going, Dortmund can't even get arrested
- Wojciech Szczesny should look for a loan move away from Arsenal, claims Polish goalkeeping legend Jan Tomaszewski a change is as good as a rest, they say
Carlo Ancelotti in Italy's Sports Hall of Fame
Ancelotti and his wife- I'm assuming
LOL had to post this because Lourdes seems to be the turnip in the fruit salad of the Gerrard brood. The other girls seem to be lovely, placid and smiling like their mum, but Lourdes seems to have been born under a thundercloud half the time
Poldi and Llorente attending fashion show in Milan. Why not? ETA: it's Armani
Martinez and Alonso and co out and about. It seems that Thomas Muller is supposedly the best teacher of German to Alonso? People are all, "He'll teach you Bavarian!" Is the Bavarian dialect truly that dissimilar? (Would be it like say, Scouse vs the home counties accent, for instance?) I also hear the jeers about Alonso speaking with a Bavarian accent - but it can't be worse than Scouse can't it? With Bavaria being rich and all?
Tributes for Malanda still pouring in
Hummels doesn't need no stinkin' CL play to be happy
Everton 0 -0 West Brom
There was a kerfuffle with the Toffees? I didn't watch the game, someone explain
Mirallas and Baines argued over who should take the penalty kick? Came to naught, because the match ended in a draw. Not a loss though, so there is that?
The face of a lad who knows that he messed up
Ghana 1- 2 Senegal
Sorry, I'm trying to source Afcon pictures, but good photos are as scarce as hen's teeth
Sow came on as a sub for Senegal and slotted the slot home
Algeria came from behind South Africa for a win 3-1!
A big kiss to you, too!
Posse be rolling deep, like
Celebrate good times, come on! Fouzi Ghoulam man of the match!
Video: There will be haters- Adidas ad
Gareth Bale is in there, for your own self care
OP: as usual, any corrections, broken links, etc, please tell me. Will do the Liverpool vs Chelsea tomorrow, and Tottenham vs Sheffield? Thursday. XOXO.