Chatter from the sidelines
- Wolfsburg have offered €30M to Chelsea for #Schurrle (via @DiMarzio) #CFC twitter, but the guy's rep is solid, iirc
- Victor Vales had offers from LFC and Juventus. Had doubts, especially with Liverpool . To be honest, LFC stopped being a destination club way back. That's why Owen left in 2004. We've been there for up and coming players who used LFC as an opportunity for a shop window, that's been the case since 2005, tbh. I'm honest enough (and Virgo enough) to admit it. That being said, it would have been nice if we'd gotten a manager top talent respected or wanted to work with- but we have Brendan Rodgers. FML. On the other hand, rumours are that Valdes offered himself to Juventus, but they went OMG, LOL no. LFC expressed concerns about the injury and wanted to sign a shorter contract, and he got butthurt. But Valdes knows van Gaal, his coach and the set up, in addition, he's under no pressure to be first choice goalie, but still getting paid. #winning. NGL, OP is still bitter as bitter green apples about it all. Wait, that comparison doesn't work, but too distraught to change it.
- Liverpool face challenge to sign big-name transfers, admits Brendan Rodgers because it's you, mate. Although LFC never signed 'big names' just promising ones, who used us as a shopwindow to go on to bigger teams (Alonso, Arbeloa, Suárez...). With regards to top names, players will go where the coaches are good and have a reputation. Simeone got his number 9 (who rejected top clubs from the PL after him) because he admired Simeone. I wish Rodgers would shut up, he's terrible at media. After him, I want a break from British coaches for a while. Why am I arguing with myself in the link spaces? This is not tumblr. I hope no one reads this. OP is in meltdown and acting like a fretful child. Forgive.
- Ched Evans move to Oldham called off. It's a mess, according to reports, talks had been at such an advanced state (personal terms being agreed to) before word got out, the club were hoping to present Evans as a fait accompli. Sponsors were bailing, the women in the community were returning their season tickets -one drove from Wales to North Manchester (far, like leaving one country, crossing borders around three hours on the road far), the director's got a call from someone citing his daughter's address (home and work) and threatened to rape her. The storm got too much to ride through in the end
- Ched Evans latest: Shame on Oldham for even thinking of signing the striker editorial about the situation. Interesting and measured points, tbh. Footballers shall and will think twice after this is the hope
- Michael Owen decided to ask his wife for oral sex on twitter. Flames, flames on the side of my face
- Frank Lampard has no agreement with NYCFC, according to the Premier League cheers to rielle for alerting me to to this article. This is truly a clusterchuck
- Jose Mourinho charged over Southampton remarks talk sh*t get hit (this is for him saying that the referees had an agenda against Chelsea). Not saying that the refereeing choices haven't been shocking this season, but more often than not, it's benefitted you, Jose. Take the FA charge like a good little troll
- Lionel Messi: Who can afford to sign Barcelona striker? think of this as a pub trivia question. Manchester United and Real Madrid is the answer
- Adebayor is close to arranging a move to MLS in January after falling way down the pecking order at Spurs following the ascendance of Harry Kane in recent months. No loss his behaviour is erratic, his form inconsistent. Pochettino has no truck with that
- Shaquiri moving to Inter, Hojbjerg and Munich are extending terms here. The BM supporters on my feeds are humming. Too bad about Julian Green though, he's fallen oooffff
- Lampard is joining NYFC in July 2015 my head hurts
- Joan Laporta Vows to Bring Pep Guardiola Back to Barcelona as Part of 2016 Nou Camp Presidential Bid that ship has sailed, son. I think he'll move on from Bayern, IF the players aren't hungry anymore (at Barca it's said that he found the players getting complacent and hard to train, in addition to that, the board was giving him grief). But Bayern Munich have been no less than accommodating and protective of Guardiola which must be nice for him. Sorry, if my thinking in the links gets on your nerves, tell me, I'll cut it out
- Poldi says that Wenger didn't say goodbye Let it go, let it gooooooo
- Mats Hummels says no to Manchester United well, his father said
- Bayern Munich training at Qatar. The Aspire training grounds are impressive. Factoid: Do you know that Apsire bought a small club in Belgium so that they can farm out their academy players? Most of the players in that club will be representing Qatari at the world cup - all of the players are from West African nations.
Saw this image, had a giggle. In a lot of ways, if Torres works out for Atlético Madrid (he does give them options, sports analysts agree. He might lack shooting prowess at the mo, but it seems Simeone has a plan. Torres coming back isn't as sentimental as we'd like to believe, which is good!). If Torres works out, think of the narrative between Torres and Ramos, it would be like Reus and that guy from Munich [insert name here]. It makes good, scintillating copy. I can't blame Canal+ for pushing it, tbh.
What's this about Klopp and his hair transplant? NGL, it's looking good, but ugh, I've seen what men go through to get it and um... no
Tin Tin is back in training
I think these are recent. He doesn't look sunburnt, so maybe they aren't. This is for the thirst</a>
Barcelona played Copa del Rey against Elche last night. I felt sorry for Elche, because Neymar and Messi had something to prove.
70,000 supporters stayed away, in protest at everything. But Barcelona was triumphant, banging 'em in. The players are Lionel Messi and Jordi Alba
Word on the Barcelona streets is that Messi is vexed. I don't think he'd leave Barcelona though. In a way it's his kingdom
Thanking the few culés who showed up(20k fans- but considering the place is normally rocking with 70k, well).
Word on the street - this is the new training shirt design for Barcelona 2015/16 season. Apologies that this isn't the kit. Have been corrected on that fact.Hmmm. I don't know if I'm sold
UNICEF? What UNICEF?
Third kit. Ah yes, where was I?
Messi was on his best last night. Bursting through defences
Neymar did his bit, going by Enzo Roco of Elche
Messi and Neymar on the field, in tandem. Reunited and it feels so good. Enrique doesn't understand our chemistry
Even Suárez got a goal. What a time to be alive
We'll leave Messi and Neymar to go get a room. Pronto
After the crowds go
I can't find any Sevilla pictures of the Copa del Rey. Forgive? And having Kun Agüero coming back to training instead?
Look at his knee
Hah! News about Ramos so I can post this picture here (because I liiiiiike it), he's still sore about the refereeing choices of that game. People are now saying 'it's a uphill battle' for Real Madrid to get back into the Copa del Re -jajajajajajajaja- I can't even type it without laughing. *slaps fans out of hysterics* get a grip. You'll be fine
I found this picture of Granada training. They'll go on to lose to Sevilla FC 1-2. But I can't find pictures, so I don't know if this match existed
I found a picture of Sevilla! After changing my browser so the computer thought I lived in Spain- and all I got was this picture. Do better, Marca and co. Do better
OP: I'll be away this weekend, getting my grind on. Assignment due and lol, I'm halfway between curling in a corner and eating my hair, or getting a move on. I tried doing tags today in the post, but um... I don't understand them?