OP: will keep the Gerrard and Lampard articles and news to the bare minimum. With Gerrard having his last match in May, it's a long goodbye, so we can reminisce then.
Fans love underdogs, but few face greater odds than the Palestinian soccer team
Let's go team
RAMALLAH, West Bank — It is a sports cliche that fans love an underdog, and there are few international sports franchises more underdoggy than the Palestine National Football Team.
The Palestinian team is having the best season in its history: In 2014, it reached a plateau as the 85th best team in the world, according to rankings by FIFA, soccer’s world governing body. The team has since fallen to 113th place — still not bad — meaning it is better than Kuwait but not quite as good as Saudi Arabia. (Israel is ranked 32nd.)here we go
Chatter from the sidelines
- Steven Gerrard to leave Liverpool at end of season – as it happened overview from reaction to editorial
- Lampardgate: Where are MLS and New York City FC? interesting questions being asked here
- David Moyes: "Stopping Messi? We all need to work hard in defence" come on Real Sociedad, you can do it!
- Dani Alves: "Nobody has offered me a contract extension" Alves is free to talk to other clubs. His wage bill would be ridic at his age
- Eljero Elia to Southampton good luck to you, Southampton. If you thought Balotelli was an infant terrible back in the day- Koeman defending him already. Good times!
- Southampton manager Ronald Koeman says Steven Gerrard 'can come' to St. Mary's trolling aside, there are worse managers to shadow/apprentice under. Koeman believes in bleeding academy talent into the first team, and his players having good, technical skills. What, too soon? Let me get my coat.
- XABI ALONSO WINS TWITTER WITH HIS TRIBUTE TO STEVEN GERRARD for real, my tumblr timeline is wet with tears. From Istanbul to his love affair with Xabi Alonso: 13 reasons why Steven Gerrard will forever be a Liverpool legend
Read more at the love story recognised far and wide
- La Liga back on after winter break Real Sociedad vs Barcelona
- 6 Challenges Facing Dunga and Brazil in 2015 read more
- Luis Enrique vs. David Moyes: Who Has the Tougher Job in La Liga? I'd say Moyes. Barcelona is a rich, powerful and storied club. They won't be in danger of relegation, and they aren't poor
- Sami Khedira and Dani Alves lead free La Liga transfer options for Liverpool, Arsenal and United what part of Khedira wants to stay, eff you potential suitors don't you understand?
- Arsene Wenger talks about fan who confronted him during Southampton loss the fan came into the dug out. What cheek!
- Japan's Yoshida signs new Southampton deal yasss.
The lad in question
- Convicted rapist Ched Evans offered six-month contract by Maltese side Hibernians
one less person on the dole, Y/Y?
- Wojciech Szczesny to be replaced by David Ospina for Arsenal's FA Cup tie against Hull, as Gunners No 1's future is in doubt It worked for Joe Hart at Man City. I wouldn't read too much into it. It gives Szcezesny time to focus and get fired up again
- David Moyes opens door to La Liga swansong for Steven Gerrard after he announced plan to exit Liverpool Gerrard isn't short of job offers
Mario Balotelli's love for animals is well known. He's gone and adopted two dogs from an animal home. They do checks to see if your home is up to snuff. I hope you're happy with them, Balo
Picture that sent my timeline into floods of tears. If tears were fresh water, I could have watered a rice paddy
Agger's tribute was just as heartfelt
Who dug this picture up?
Gerrard training with Jordan Henderson (vice captain for LFC) after the announcement hit the air. NGL, I thought Gerrard would have left in the January transfer window
Laughing at Henderson to the right of Gerrard. That face!
Isco and Ramos. Throwing up the V sign which would get you at least a side eye over here in old blighty
Benzema(sp?) is getting fined by Real Madrid for jumping out of a plane. It voids his contract in terms of high risk moves
Pics or it didn't happen. Benzema went and posted pics. Just... why?
Real Madrid back in training
I try and avoid posting pictures of Ronaldo but SIGH
It has been the best year of Kroos' career, what with World Cup and Real Madrid transfer and winning form so far
No one can stop him, the cover says. Although Ramos wasn't in training yesterday, he doesn't plan on missing match time
Pepe out of contract in 2015, looking to the PL. Ha. If you thought Suárez got the thick of it, can you imagine Pepe's spitting at people and calling other people monkeys, well...
Poldi at Inter. I wish you luck with Mancini. His presence at City was um... lively. I hope you don't get Torres' or Balotelli'd either
Watch him learn Italian, and even though he'll speak it badly, he'll make them swoon. Give 'em hell, Poldi
Image from the Spurs vs Chelsea game. This is the referee Mourinho called fat and slow
Another photo from the Spurs vs Chelsea game. I'm just glad that when you type in Spurs, Bale doesn't come up anymore. Vertongen and Oscar with Kyle Walker looking on
Lloris patting Kane. I do remember some surprise when Pochettino named Lloris Captain of the Spurs. Well deserved, lad. Well deserved. I hope Spurs get to top 4
Erikson is having a great season for the Spurs so far. He reminds me of a grey hound
A strange question. How dark are Lloris' eyes? They can look Supernatural black at times
OP: Thanks for reading. As usual, any broken or missing links, corrections, et al, please flag for it to be amended in due course