Chatter from the sidelines
- Sport Football Liverpool transfer news
Liverpool news and transfers: Reds offered cut-price Stephan El Shaarawy deal? not the player we need, but I do like him
- Frank Lampard seeing out the season with Manchester City twitter link You can read more here
- Bernat, Bayern's go-to guy read more
- United to tie down The Tiger Falcao might have a home with Man U
- Reus, the hottest property in Europe just let your ankle heal, Tin Tin
- The Best of Football in 2014 have a few hours to spare? Nursing a hangover? Or just bored? Really thoughtful and varied articles, photographs, etc ranging from the World Cup to profiles of various players in various leagues
- Philosophical football: Gary Rowett and the rise of the lower league tacticians I thought this was an interesting article in terms of how lower league football is being influenced by youtube, foreign managers in the PL, etc. Good from a tacticial outlook pov Also, Mansfield being mentioned in the article is a local team around here
- Diego Costa described by r soccer screaming and cackling with laughter yo
- Ronald Koeman: Southampton can finish above Arsenal won't put it past the Saints. They are on the up and up
- Louis van Gaal has something nice to say? as I live and breathe
- Manchester City want Wilfried Bony For real?
- Gerrard free to talk to other clubs starting from today I wouldn't be surprised if he slipped through the window, tbh. Good luck to him either way
Out and About
Aaron Ramsey and his da
Looking dapper like...
Oh, Tin Tin, nooo!!!!
Happy New Year
Doing retrospective pictures. You are encouraged to put your own in the post as well
Neymar kisses the ball at the Brazil World Cup
Persie and his iconic pose in the World Cup
Portugal vs Germany. Pepe vs Mueller
Wenger talking strategy to the Gunners at the FA cup.
Wenger's first cup in six years. I remember reading an article about South American coaches and their experiences in Europe and the first thing Simeone says is that Wenger could never have had his position that long without winning a title. People would bitch about it every day. So Mou's revelation that Wenger is a specialist in failure? Not as trolly as one thinks, it seems
This year, say no pitch invaders. All. Of. Them
Germany won the World Cup. Never have I been so... whelmed
Making an exception for tunnel see you next tuesday in my picture round up, because he has Reus' shirt and I found the gesture touching
Don't cry, James, soon, you'll get bought by Real Madrid, and your wife will become a new woman- literally
Last tears of grief he shed this year, I'm sure.
Shout out to the David Luiz fan on this comm! You're awesome!
The ball had its own twitter. Sassy
Torres has been around the world and he can't find his mojo. Now he's circled back home, to where it all began
Les Fennecs, right? Algeria? They were good.
I expected France to go further, NGL
I"m drawing a blank on this team. Give me the 411, guys
Belgium- all this talent! I too expected them to go further. I knew a European side would win the World Cup, I was praying that it wouldn't have been Germany. Ugh.
LOOL, crying forever at Jurgen Klinsmann.
My coach of the year. Diego Simeone. Unlike their neighbours across the way, Atlético doesn't have a ton of financial resources, and he has to manage with players on loan, or buying cheaper, but it doesn't stop his team from shining through. I hope that he'd get the nod by FIFA, but I think it will go to Loew or Ancelotti.
Video of the year in review
OP: sorry, my internet is acting up. Again. I can't post the pictures I really really want. Boo. Post the photos that made your football year here.