El Cholo's three year history at Atlético
Simeone came to a team that did not respond under the baton of Gregorio Manzano. He landed on the banks of the Manzanares and within months became a weak set on a championship team. That first season lifted the Champions League 11-12 and then come three trophies: the UEFA Super Cup, Copa de Rey, La Liga and the Supercopa of Spain. To the memory in the retina of the mattress shall be final in Bucharest, the Bernabeu, the League won at the Camp Nou or the game against Chelsea, considered one of the best in the history of Atletico.link in Spanish
German second division club hosts 27,000 fans singing Christmas carols on the pitch
Carolling at Union Berlin
more pictures at source
Chatter from the sidelines
- Mike Ashley's request to increase Rangers sharehold 'unanimously' rejected by Scottish Football Association idek who follows the Scottish league, but the Rangers (biggest club in the Scottish PL after Celtic) is falling apart, via financial misuse. Sad times, no more 'old firm' matches at this rate (between Rangers and Celtic) </a>
- Mauricio Pochettino happy with his squad, not buying in January. Yedlin (from the MLS) is coming over in January
- Gareth Bale does not want to leave Real Madrid assured trophies, great city, fighting for the affections of Ronaldo. Who would?
- Mario Balotelli doesn't suit our style of play, admits Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers
face palm. So you and the transfer committee in question didn't think of that before you bought the lad?
- Jose Mourinho: Players deserve a lot of respect for tackling hectic festive schedule
they get paid enough, tbh. Once you sign up for the PL, it's assumed that you'll be ready to play through Christmas?
- Premier League - Paper Round: Arsenal’s £50m move for Edinson Cavani that's a lot of dosh for Cavani. But then, David Luiz was sold for something stupid like £40 m
- Stoke City are ahead in the race to sign Barcelona midfielder Sergi Roberto with the player already in England waiting for a deal to be agreed read more
The lad in question
- Bristol Rovers star Lee Mansell defuses row with JJ O’Donnell… by giving him a kiss Ahhh
- FACES OF THE HINRUNDE: XABI ALONSOa look at Xabi Alonso's success at Bayern. Yes, it's been done ad nauseam, which is why I'm putting a link here, and no pictures
- Jese set for Espanyol loanwe hardly knew ye
- The Evolution of Sebastian Rode, Bayern Munich's newest talisman you can never have too much midfielders for Guardiola
- How will the EPL's new television contract in America affect the Bundesliga? interesting speculative article, in terms of money, EPL vs the BuLi, etc
- Neymar is screwing around with cool tricks and it's awesome woot
- Boris Becker backs Neuer for the Ballon D'or here
- Petr Cech's agent putting out feelers for his client LFC and Arsenal have been told to bid for the summer transfer window
- Why Borussia Dortmund MUST part ways with Jurgen Klopp more articles in this vein, I'm afraid. It's been real, Klopp
Jurgen Klopp in the crosshairs
- Dortmund show signs that end of the Jürgen Klopp era might be in sight Christmas cheer
- Speeding, club fines and offensive tweets... Could Southampton new boy Eljero Elia be the next Mario Balotelli for all the wrong reasons? Oh?
Eljero Elia- he looks innocent though.
Alberto Moreno and family (that's his parents, his brother, his gf, and their dog)
Muller, World Cup winner, running away with presents
Manquillo wishing you a merry x-mas The interview is bog standard, and he's done similar ones before, so I'm not linking it here. Yes, he's glad for the playing time, yes, he is aware of LFC's troubles, yes, he's realised that he needs to learn the language and enjoy his stint. The differences between PL and LL: the former is more physical, the latter more positional.
Kun Agüero wishing you Merry Christmas
There's a lovely David Luiz fan on this comm, I always think about xie when I see pictures of Luiz, so here's one for you!
Some of y'all thirst for this Welsh lad. Call me yo' pusha T
OP here: sorry, pictures are thin on the ground -as they should be, I guess, everyone is celebrating the season. Also, I'm on phone internet (bugger) and won't get full blown internet until Dec 27th so I'll have the match round ups by then. Happy Christmas. Finished my mittens and they are wonky af (it's been a while since I knitted!) but the mister is wearing them around the house, so success. Off to do dinner now. Spam the posts with pictures, news, whatever! As usual, any broken links misinformation, etc. Tell me!