SUPER-MEGA MVP AWARDS
Petr Cech: Saving multiple Messi attempts is not easy. Cech did that and more, having to stretch his body out and keeping a Barca goal out by a finger.
Manuel Neuer I - yeah. If you need me to explain this... yeah.
Messi: He was trying. Oh how he was trying.
(not to exclude Madrid but I didn't see one player who stood out more than the rest as they were all trying damn hard - _fb, who would you nominate for them?)
SHOULD'VE STAYED AT HOME AWARD
John Terry: A really stupid foul that keeps him out of the final for... what, exactly? His justification was that it was simply a mis-step on his part, but the replay is up for repeated viewing.
OPRAH WINFREY AWARD
And you can have a yellow card!
And YOU can have a yellow card!
EVERYONE CAN HAVE A YELLOW CARD! (to be fair - I think both refs were bad at this in different ways)
- Marcelo's speed run while avoiding three tackles from Bayern that almost - almost! - led to a last-minute goal for Madrid.
- Manuel Neuer's shutting down Ronaldo, Kaka, and arguably freaking Sergio Ramos out.
- The confrontation I was always hoping to dsee - Neuer versus Casillas. That's about as even as we'll ever get to see them in pure skill and that's with the added bonus of some very seasoned and effective penalty-takers.
- Torres giving one of the comms an on-air orgasm with his surprise!goal.
- Drogba's hug-a-thon with Juan Mata. A new OTP was born.
- Puyol continuing to be one of the most classy mc classy dudes on the field.
MISSED MOMENT OF AWESOME
When do we get our Special 1 TV Special? WHEN?!
My predictions? On one hand - this is Bayern's home turf and they have some strong attackers in Ribery, Robben, and Gomez. On the other hand, Bayern is missing Alaba and Badstuber; two key players in key positions.
Then again - no John Terry means Chelsea is missing a strong, experienced player.
ALSO - when you get done staring at Gomez porn of course
It was quite fun watching this with you guys. It has all been classy and while I am sure we have plenty of fans of all four teams it seemed like there was lots of hugs and comforting and admiring of Neuer's ridiculous arse.
or maybe that was just me.
ANYWAY. Props to you guys!