“Beşiktaş is the only club entitled to wear the Crescent-Star on its chest and it is the first officially registered club in Turkey.. No other Turkish club has such a right.”
Beşiktaş Jimnastik Kulübü (English: Beşiktaş Gymnastics Club), or simply Beşiktaş (Turkish pronunciation: [beˈʃiktaʃ]), is a professional sports club founded in 1903 and based in Beşiktaş district in Istanbul, Turkey. The club competes in numerous branches including football, basketball, volleyball, handball, athletics, boxing, wrestling, chess, bridge, gymnastics, rowing, table tennis, and paralympic sports.
The home ground of Beşiktaş is İnönü Stadium with a 32,086 seating capacity after a renovation conducted in 2004. The stadium is located by the Bosphorus, near the Dolmabahçe Palace.
Beşiktaş last won the Turkish Süper Lig championship during the 2008–2009 season, also achieving the double after winning the Turkish Cup.
Club Name: Beşiktaş Jimnastik Kulübü
President: Yıldırım Demirören
Foundation Title: Beşiktaş Bereket Jimnastik Kulübü
First President:Mehmet Şamil Bey
Date of Foundation: March 1903
First Championship:Gymnastics 1911
Foundation Date of Football Branch:August 1911
First Football Championship Title: 1919 Istanbul Türk Idman Birliği League
Participation in Turkish League: 1919
Colors: Black – White
THE LEGEND OF BLACK EAGLES
Beşiktaş, the title holder the last two seasons started the 1940-41 season with a young and renewed team. Beşiktaş, which opened up its lead as weeks went by, was the leader in the league. Five weeks remaining to the end, the opponent was Süleymaniye. Beşiktaş had started the game in Şeref Stadium refereed by Semih Turansoy on Sunday January 19, 1941 with the following players: Faruk, Yavuz, İbrahim, Rıfat, Halil, Hüseyin, Şakir, Hakkı, Şükrü, Şeref, Eşref. As in all games of that season, our team played magnificently. Half way through the second half of the game, Beşiktaş attacked endlessly although it is way in front. Just then, a voice was heard from Şeref Stadı stands towards which Beşiktaş was attacking where there was an Atatürk panel. “Come on Black Eagles. Attack Black Eagles. Thousands of fans and journalists following the game that filled Şeref Stadium were frozen by the echoing sound. What was done was an extremely correct observation. It was not possible to describe the Beşiktaş players who crushed over their opponents that season as nothing other than “Black Eagles” and the soccer they played as nothing other than “Attacking like Black Eagles”. The owner of the voice coming from the stands was a fisherman called Mehmet Galin.
Beşiktaş closed the game with a 6-0 lead with 3 magnificent goals volleyed in by Şeref Görkey, who was known as volleyer Şeref and one goal each by Captain Hakkı, Şakir and Şükrü.
After this game, Beşiktaş’s symbol has become “Black Eagles”.
• Most winner of the Istanbul League Championship Title (15)
• Only club to win the Istanbul League Championship Title 5 times in a row (1939-1943)
• The most scorer team at the Istanbul League (90 Goals in a season, 599 Goals in 8 seasons)
• 18 wins at 18 matches in the official league season
• Most winner of the title: ‘Unbeaten Champion’ (7)
• The only team that has the title: ‘Unbeaten Champion’
• The only team that played match in the name of Turkish National Team
• The only team that has a Turkish Flag in its Emblem
• Most winner of the ‘Fair-Play’ Cup (19)
• Most winner of the Istanbul and Turkish Championship title in the Youth Team Football League (30)
• Balkans Championship Title at Fencing
• The club that had proposed the Government to legitimize “19 May Youth and Sports Festival”
• The club to extend wrestling to other clubs and all around Turkey
• The club that has championship titles in Athletics, Fencing, Boxing, Basketball, Wrestling and Football.
• The club that brought pole vault activity to Turkey (Ressam Namik Ismail)
• The club that had given ‘gym’ lectures at schools
• Owner of Turkey’s most wealthy facilities
• The only club that opens “sports schools” in every branch
• The only club that raises football players from its youth academy
• Winning the maximum number of cups; more than Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe
• The club that has the record of unbeaten in a 56 match row
• The only team that has only one lost in 2 seasons
• The only team that goals 10 times in a official match, 1989-90 Beşiktaş-Adana Demirspor: 10-0 Ali Gültiken (4), Metin Tekin (3) ve Feyyaz Uçar (3)
• The only club has the record of unbeaten in a official season (48 matches)
• The team that has the record of maximum wins in a row (1959-60 season 13 matches)
• First club to get ISO 9001: 2000. BJK is the only sports club to have ISO 9001: 2000 through sports departments and facilities management, marketing and selling the branded products, press, public and fan communications services
BJK İNÖNÜ STADIUM
It was constructed in the period of the 2nd President İsmet İnönü and commissioned on May 19, 1947. The first match in İnönü Stadium took place between Beşiktaş and Swedish AIK football clubs. Renovation work at BJK İnönü Stadium was completed in 2004. The size of the football pitch is 105X68m required by the UEFA. The tartan track was removed within the scope of these activities and the ground was lowered by 4 meters to increase the capacity of the stadium to 32.145 people. It complies with the UEFA standards.
Coach: Bernd Schuster
21 Hakan Arıkan,1 Rüştü Reçber, 99 Cenk Gönen
20 İbrahim Toraman,19 İbrahim Üzülmez, 27 Matteo Ferrari, 35 Tomas Zapotocny, 0 Ersan Adem Gülüm,3 İsmail Köybaşı, 77 Rıdvan Şimşek, 6 Tomas Sivok
14 Jose Maria Gutierrez Hernandez, because he needs more than 1 pic.
5 Michael Fink, 9 Roberto Hilbert, 10 Matias Emilio Delgado, 28 Fabian Ernst, 15 Rodrigo Barbosa Tabata
7 Ricardo Andrade Quaresma Bernardo needs more than 1 pic too.
23 Filip Holosko, 13 Deivson Rogerio Da Silva “Bobo” , 8 Nihat Kahveci
Some YouTube clips about Beşiktaş
Beşiktaş 2-1 Liverpool
This is 132 decibel, the world record for all times
Manchester United 0:1 Beşiktaş / 25.11.2009
BESİKTAS JK 3-0 Barcelona (19.09.2000)
Besiktas Sergen 0-2 vs Chelsea London
Beşiktaş 2008-2009 Championship (a song about Beşiktaş)
Because we are AWESOME!
From today’s match (EUROPA LEAGUE) against HJK Helsinki:
BJK 2-0 HJK