Togo captain Emmanuel Adebayor has told French radio his team will return home from the Africa Cup of Nations following advice from their government.
Although the team initially wanted to leave the tournament after a gun attack on the team killed three people, they then said they would stay on in Angola.
But Togo Prime Minister Gilbert Houngbo insisted the team leave the country for security reasons.
Tournament organisers have said the event will still go ahead as planned.
Read the rest here.
Source: BBC News
Togo 'will play in Africa Cup of Nations'
Togo's football team has decided to play in the Africa Cup of Nations, even though the government withdrew it after a deadly attack on Friday, players say.
Thomas Dossevi told the AFP news agency the players wanted to stay in Angola in memory of the three people who were killed when rebels fired on their bus.
L'Equipe quoted Alaixys Romao as saying the team would not leave like cowards.
Togo has demanded Angola explain why it was not warned of the dangers of travel in Cabinda, where the bus was ambushed.
Angolan officials had earlier expressed astonishment that the team had travelled there by road from their base in the Republic of Congo.
( Collapse )
Source: BBC News (listen to a clip of Emmanuel Adebayor describing the incident)
Best of luck to all of them. RIP to those who lost their lives. ♥ YNWA