July 13th, 2009

Let's rename the Transfer Season to something like The Worst Time of the Year Season

Sky Sports sources can reveal that representatives of Carlos Tevez are currently locked in talks with Manchester City officials.

The 25-year-old is currently on holiday in South America but the £25million deal could be completed by end of Monday if negotiations go to plan.

The deal has been in the pipeline ever since the Argentinean international rejected a five-year deal to stay at Old Trafford last month, but there has been lingering doubt the longer the transfer has dragged on.

Chelsea were reportedly another option for Tevez but it now seems certain that he will complete his move to Eastlands shortly.

The former Boca Juniors youngster became a huge fans' favourite at Old Trafford during his two years on loan at the club, scoring 34 goals from 97 games in all competitions.

However, subsequent comments made towards the club and manager Sir Alex Ferguson in particular have soured the player's relationship with the Red Devils somewhat.

Tevez will join Roque Santa Cruz, Gareth Barry and Stuart Taylor as City's newest recruits this summer ahead of what promises to be an exciting season at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Sourcey.

For those clearly not amused by this, this post is brought to you by the following photos.

News is that this is Mr. Ramos' new hair cut. Thoughts? A la Kickette

Ji isn't the only one packing at United it seems.
unf

FUCK SHIT CUNT WANK

Xabi Alonso: I want to quit Liverpool FC for Real Madrid

Jul 13 2009 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

XABI ALONSO has told Rafa Benitez he wants to quit Anfield and sign for Real Madrid – but Liverpool will not grant his wish unless the Spanish giants come up with a fee in the region of £35m.

Alonso has stopped short of putting in an official written transfer request but he has made it clear to Benitez that his future lies in La Liga rather than the Premier League.

The 27-year-old is due to join up with his Liverpool team mates on Sunday after being given extended leave following his involvement in the Confederations Cup in South Africa but Alonso and his agent Inaki Ibanez are hopeful that a deal can be thrashed out with Real before then.

But with Real reluctant to spend more than £27m for the Spanish international and Benitez adamant that he will not allow Alonso to leave for that kind of figure, a compromise is some way off.

Alonso could try to force the issue by handing in an official transfer request but the midfielder believes that he deserves to be able to have his future sorted out without taking such formal measures after giving five years of service to the Reds. Real’s public pursuit of Alonso is now becoming incessant with recently appointed manager Manuel Pellegrini becoming the latest leading Bernabeu official to speak of his club’s desire to snap up the Liverpool man.

Pellegrini said: “He’s an important player as he has shown with the Spanish team.

“It’s no mystery that Real Madrid are interested in his services, but it will not be easy.”

Benitez is fully aware that Alonso’s desire to leave Liverpool will make it increasingly difficult to hold on to the former Real Sociedad man despite the fact that he still has three years of his Anfield contract remaining.

But the Reds boss is adamant that he will not let Alonso go on the cheap, no matter how much pressure Real put Liverpool under.

Benitez knows there are precious few midfielders around of Alonso’s quality and he is likely to have to re-shape his side if the Spanish international leaves - and that would inevitably be an expensive process.

So unless Real come up with the kind of money which would enable Benitez to go on a mini spending spree of his own, then the Liverpool manager will not budge.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/07/13/xabi-alonso-i-want-to-quit-liverpool-fc-for-real-madrid-100252-24140207/

I know there's been so much bullshit written about this, but Tony Barrett is the only journalist I trust on Liverpool-based stuff - he's always spot-on. Look like Xabi's off to join Ronaldo.

Bojan: 10 years at Barça

Ten years ago Bojan Krkic started out in the Barça academy. After having reached the first team, the player says he’d like to be there for another decade.

Photobucket

Hesays there have been “magic moments” over his 10 years at Barcelona, and last season’s treble is undoubtedly one of them. Bojan Krkic, who ever since he began in the academy has felt a special chemistry between him and the club, spoke to Barça TV and www.fcbarcelona.cat about the last ten years.

What do these ten years at Barça mean?

“Truth be told I count them at the start of each season and I’m more and more happy to be at the club. I’m proud I’ve been here ten seasons. I’ve had some magic moments, I’ve learnt a lot about football and as a person. It’s been my second home so I owe it a lot and hope to be here for another ten years.”
 

Collapse )



source and video here

Barça gets them going in Los Angeles



In Los Angeles thoughts are already turning to 1 August, when Barcelona will be taking on LA Galaxy and David Beckham in the Rose Bowl. The California outfit’s website reflects that interest.
On the website there is a video advertising the game with some of the best Barça moments of last season including goals by Eto'o and Messi at Camp Nou against Madrid (2-0).

“Fantastic opportunity”

“It’s a fantastic opportunity,” said LA Galaxy coach Bruce Arena on the club website. “Barça have some of the top players like Messi, Henry and Eto'o and other great players who back them up.”

“It’s a great opportunity for people in LA to see what is undoubtedly the world’s best football team,” he added. “It’ll be a great day for LA Galaxy”.

A game to enjoy

Galaxy midfielder Dema Kovalenko shares his coach’s views. “Barça is a great team, with special players, some of them the best in the world,” he says. “It’s a great opportunity for us and for the fans. I tell my teammates to enjoy it as it’s a great privilege.”

Excitement building up

A week ago with almost a month to go before the game (kick-off 8 pm on 1 August local time, 5 am on 2 August Catalan time) some 34,000 tickets had already been sold. Beckham, Henry, Donovan, Messi and Iniesta are not going to disappoint the excitement building up in Los Angeles.

Source
Xtina | Sweet like suga

Jizzing pants

OMG

Photobucket

I can't seem to get just the pictures to post so if you want to see the rest they are here

www.picturedesk.com/en/results/images/lukas-podolski.html
 
If it doesn't work click this
www.picturedesk.com/
and type in Lukas Podolski. The pictures should come up and the first link will also work.
clint
  • teenny

Iraq plays first home game since 2002

IRAQ: International soccer returns to Baghdad



Iraq’s future might be fraught with peril. Bombs explode daily around the country and its myriad political problems remain unsolved. But on Tuesday night, Iraqis’ desire for  ordinary lives was on display as international soccer returned to Baghdad.

For the first time since 2002, a team from abroad dared venture to Baghdad to engage in the national pastime. The opponents were the Palestinian team, a people themselves no stranger to war and still without statehood. Baghdad, where on any given day bloodshed can occur, from mortar fires, to rockets to suicide bombs, took all security precautions.

Tens of thousands filled the giant Shaab Stadium. Iraqi flags waved and the Iraqi soccer team was draped with flowers. The crowd didn’t care that an outsider might label Iraq and the Palestinian territories the two most dangerous places to live in the Middle East. Iraqis had one thing on their mind: victory and love of the game. The crowd was chanting: “With our blood and soul, we will sacrifice for Iraq.”

Some estimated the crowd was as high as 65,000. People were elated. “It’s a great thing that Iraq is embracing this game. A game between Iraq and the brothers from Palestine. By God’s will we will be the winners today,” said traffic policeman Mahir Mohammed, who helped guard the stadium.

One female fan, who identified herself as Maryam, believed it was fitting that Iraq and the Palestinian national team played the first international match in Baghdad since the U.S.-led invasion in 2003. “Palestine is suffering like we do. There is something common between us and them. We are both under occupation,” Maryam said. “We will show to the Arab and other nations that Iraq is safe and invite them to come play here.” The Iraqis went on to shut out the Palestinian national team, 4-0.

At least before losing, even the Palestinian team was delighted by the significance of the match and had pointed words for the United States, which at least one player viewed as partially responsible for Iraq's troubles. “I’m filled with joy and happiness to play in front of the Iraqi people. They are great fans of soccer,” said Palestinian soccer player Yahya Badran. “I call on all the Arab national teams to play in Iraq to break the embargo — the American embargo — just like the Palestinian soccer team did

— Saad Khalaf in Baghdad

From the LA Times



pics

 

Collapse )